1990 GT, R block stroker, PTK, 88mm Turbonetics, Street Car Build

Yeah efi is crap, someone tell john force

hrdp_0805_02_z+funny_car_426_hemi_engine+twin_msd_magnetos.jpg

Carb is dead

• Sponsors (?)

Okay, can we not do this? I own carbed cars and EFI cars. There's two different ways to skin a cat. Carburetors are alive and well in every form of racing. Blow-thru carburetion is currently pretty much the be all end all in the turbo world right now as well. The technology is just as relevant as it always has been. The last time I checked, the Engine Master's Challenge didn't have a single fuel injected entry. I wonder if those guys know anything about building motors? Enough now, k?

wtf is that red thing on the front of the motor with the two wires coming off of it, in that pic of that nasty looking carbed motor that looks like it wants to rip my face off?

looks like your vert just got a violent shove into being the parts car eh?

Picked up the roller that makes the vert look like 4500 pounds of hot steamy dog shiiiiiiiiiiit. It's a 1990 GT, wild strawberry two tone, manual trans, LX tails, mint grey interior, cowl hood, one piece headlights :nonono:, sumped tank with Holley pump and regulator, 31 spline axles with spool and 4:88 gears in the rear end :)shock:), BBK lowering springs/shocks/struts, adjustable rear lower control arms, Weld bigs and littles with drag radials out back, and is set up for carb.

IMAG0583.jpg

IMAG0582.jpg

IMAG0585.jpg

IMAG0586.jpg

IMAG0588.jpg

That's one helluva "roller"... I'd love to have that to start all over with. :hail2:

I'm guessing here, but the sumped tank will have to go, or can you convert it back, or can you use it that way?

My best friend is Tom F.

Okay, can we not do this? I own carbed cars and EFI cars. There's two different ways to skin a cat. Carburetors are alive and well in every form of racing. Blow-thru carburetion is currently pretty much the be all end all in the turbo world right now as well. The technology is just as relevant as it always has been. The last time I checked, the Engine Master's Challenge didn't have a single fuel injected entry. I wonder if those guys know anything about building motors? Enough now, k?

If you check out the rules, you'll see that there isn't a lot of motivation for those guys to run anything but carb. Not to mention that the engines are solely judged on average power and torque, and things like fuel economy, drivability, and versatility are completely ignored.

If all you wanna do is stand on the loud pedal, dump some fuel, and go fast, yea, carb can still do that pretty well. :D

The last time I checked, the Engine Master's Challenge didn't have a single fuel injected entry. I wonder if those guys know anything about building motors? Enough now, k?

You must not have read the articles in engine masters then... cause most of the field was EFI last year.

Here was the winner
Bes 417Ci Gen Iii Hemi Photo 2

FWIW, Hot Rod also did an article on the holley EFI and the EFI was only worse than the carb by 1mpg or so. They said the throttle response was better with the EFI, but a well tuned carb will be almost as good on gas as the EFI.

You must not have read the articles in engine masters then... cause most of the field was EFI this year.

Here was the winner
Bes 417Ci Gen Iii Hemi Photo 2

FWIW, Hot Rod also did an article on the holley EFI and the EFI was only worse than the carb by 1mpg or so. They said the throttle response was better with the EFI, but a well tuned carb will be almost as good on gas as the EFI.

Ha, I didn't even think to look at this year's competitors to verify his claim. Whoops.

BTW, in the past I've been able to find articles online that detail the different competitors' combos, but I can't seem to find one right now. You know anything about that?

That link was actually last years competition, this years competition just happened so i dont know what motors were in that one. I cant find results for 2010 either, but its all in the issue of engine masters thats sitting on my coffee table. That BES motor was BA

That link was actually last years competition, this years competition just happened so i dont know what motors were in that one. I cant find results for 2010 either, but its all in the issue of engine masters thats sitting on my coffee table. That BES motor was BA

Yea, I've got that issue buried around somewhere. The EM stuff is always phenomenal.

I stand corrected on last year's competition. I stand by my claim that there's more than one way to skin a cat, though. If you know how to tune a carburetor, the power, drivability, and efficiency differences between EFI and carb are really negligible. The term "drivability" is so subjective, anyway. I consider drivability a function of the valvetrain, i.e. the camshaft.