1993 LX 5.0 Spark plug wire?

live4yotas

Nov 26, 2007
Mobile Alabama
I just noticed tonight without any lights on in the dark that my spark wires spark when touching any metal in the car. The car has a metal four spark wire holder on the side of the cylinder head and I noticed I could see light or sparks go through the metal holder. So I took them out and I could see sparks or light on any metalthe wires touched. Whats up with this? I havent ever noticed this on any other car or truck of mine. Is this a ground problem or what? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

They look new they are Taylor 8.5 mm wires. I'll try to ground the motor to the frame. I have been wanting to put a bigger ground on a better spot anyway but if that doesn't help I will replace the wires. I noticed that on the coil were a lil wire ties to the top of it, it was sparking on the connection. But didnt look to be loose.

Nah man you could barely see it but you could if you looked hard. I just happened to notice it b/c I had to jump the car off and it was dark.

It was very pretty and blue and was coming off the wire ever where. I wanted to crack a beer open and grab a chair and enjoy the sight.

Thanks man.

The car has a aftermarket coil, cap and rotor. The motor has a hard hitting cam. The cam is actually more than I would have ever put in it had I have built the motor. But it will really move. I will just get the ford wires. I like having high performance stuff on the car though.