Brakes 1994 cobra's brakes seize while driving a few miles? (Pedal swap)

Salty_Cobra

Jul 17, 2016
Hello! I did a wc t5 swap and all was great until i went on my way from my shop to the house. I did a termi pedal swap and now for some reason the brakes will seize up after about 10 mins of driving. If i shut the car off and let it sit, theyll release after a few mins. Or i can take the brake booster hose loose and itll release it immediately. So i know its something to do with vacuum. The brakes worked perfectly fine before the pedal swap. Theres a vacuum hose with a black button/valve that was dangling so i tried pushing it while applying brakes, but no difference. Do i need to do some kind of conversion to the hose?

• Sponsors (?)

That hose is the cruise control dump, I believe.

Are you saying you are removing the vacuum hose to the booster and the brakes release? Sounds like something is binding up from swapping the pedal

Just guessing, the pushrod may be misadjusted (from the booster to the master cylinder). If it's a bit too long, the brakes may not bleed down properly after use. The new pedals may put the pushrod in just a bit further. Though if all you've changed are the pedals, they don't appear to be releasing far enough in their throw to let the booster disengage. Not familiar with the swap to see if anything adjustable, or requires shimming to make work properly. You might want to look into that.