1995 Head, Intake and cam swap considerations

Georgia 5.0

Jul 3, 2008
Newnan, GA
I have a 1995 GT that has a completely stock 5.0L motor and I feel that it is time to get some more power. I just recently bought a 1992 convertible that has several mods to the motor and has quite a bit of power. I really would like to swap the power, have a powerful 1995 and a relatively stock 1992 cruiser. The 1992 I bought has GT 40 heads with motorsport roller rockers, a cobra intake, bbk cold air kit, bbk headers and a Ford Racing z cam (camzilla). I would really like to swap the intakes, heads, headers and cam while putting a slightly more agressive cam in the 1992 (cosidering an e-303). I have severl questions:

1. I know the cold air kit will not fit directly onto the 1995 so I am going to buy one for that year, but will the maf and throttle body work off of the 1992? If not what size maf and throttle body would you all recommend?

2. Will an e-303 cam be too much for the stock heads?

3. Is having a chip made necessary or the next and best step

4. Are there any other considerations that I am not thimking of that you all might be able to suggest?

Thank you all for your time and help.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 1995 GT that has a completely stock 5.0L motor and I feel that it is time to get some more power. I just recently bought a 1992 convertible that has several mods to the motor and has quite a bit of power. I really would like to swap the power, have a powerful 1995 and a relatively stock 1992 cruiser. The 1992 I bought has GT 40 heads with motorsport roller rockers, a cobra intake, bbk cold air kit, bbk headers and a Ford Racing z cam (camzilla). I would really like to swap the intakes, heads, headers and cam while putting a slightly more agressive cam in the 1992 (cosidering an e-303). I have severl questions:

1. I know the cold air kit will not fit directly onto the 1995 so I am going to buy one for that year, but will the maf and throttle body work off of the 1992? If not what size maf and throttle body would you all recommend?

2. Will an e-303 cam be too much for the stock heads?

3. Is having a chip made necessary or the next and best step

4. Are there any other considerations that I am not thimking of that you all might be able to suggest?

Thank you all for your time and help.

1. The throttle body from the 92 to the 95 is different. You can do a fox style set up on the 95 but if your just looking to swap them over it wont work. If your going to run an aftermarket intake and heads a 65MM or 70MM Throttle body is fine

2 . its not "to much" for stock heads but if your keeping your heads stock then the stock camshaft is fine.

3. A chip is not necessary, for the best tune and driveability is recommend but not something you have to do w/ a H/C/I set up.

4. Are you looking to mostly swap over the parts from the 92 to the 95 or do you want to just build up the 95 using different parts?

[4. Are you looking to mostly swap over the parts from the 92 to the 95 or do you want to just build up the 95 using different parts?[/QUOTE]

I am mostly wanting to swap parts, but I am wodering if it matybe just as easy to swap the motors and buy a new cold air kit and elbow adapter for the 95.

The heads will swap just fine and same with the rockers. I'm not sure if the pushrod's lengths are right and you might would need to re-shim the rockers. The intake will work but you'll need to get an elbow (edelbrock makes one) so that the throttle body and egr are located in their proper position. The throttle body won't work....get a motorsport 65mm.
Steve