19lb injectors or 24lb

93 notch_coupe

Apr 27, 2007
my upgrades are forged pistons trick flow h/c/i and 1.6 roller rockers can i stay with the stock injectors or do i need to move up i'm also having some trouble with header getting red hot at the #1 and #8 cylinder at high idle what do you guys reccomend.

• Sponsors (?)

If those are the only mods for awhile then 24 lb/hr. If you are going to step it up quite a bit more in the near future then think 30's. , or 42's .That way you do not have to buy injectors twice.:D

The headers turning red with raised rpm in neutral is somewhat normal. It is not hurting anything as there is no load on the engine. The fuel curve is pretty lean during no load rev's, mainly to keep from smoking the cat pipe. If more fuel were added it would make the cat's glow red and that would not be a good thing. I have also seen this happen on carburetor engines as well with no problems.

You do NOT need 24's. IMHO, mMost people go to 24's because they like to brag to their ricer friends. Before you even THINK about going to 24's READ:
http://veryuseful.com/InvisionBoard/index.php?showtopic=14

Sorry, if you have 24's or above, and you don't have a chip, place yourself next to the people that put neon under their car. Maybe some nice Dubes to go with your ricer injector setup. ;)

Take my advice if you want. I'm just trying to save you money and help you wade through the BS on the forums. :)

You do NOT need 24's. IMHO, mMost people go to 24's because they like to brag to their ricer friends. Before you even THINK about going to 24's READ:
http://veryuseful.com/InvisionBoard/index.php?showtopic=14

Sorry, if you have 24's or above, and you don't have a chip, place yourself next to the people that put neon under their car. Maybe some nice Dubes to go with your ricer injector setup. ;)

Take my advice if you want. I'm just trying to save you money and help you wade through the BS on the forums. :)

Good advice right there.......

i put down 244whp and 290wtq with 19lbs with out heads or a cam. if your setup is matched really well with h/c/i you will need more then what 19s will be able to give at 100% d/c . at the same time "upgrading" to 24s to soon will put them out of there efficiency range to low.