1st pic of my car on Stangnet!!

• Sponsors (?)

Look Its Aaron said:
It's going to look good! Just get rid of that horrid car bra.
It is going to look good!! The bra isn't that bad... What's underneath is worse.

If someone wants to paint the front end for me I will take it off!:D

After I did a little more searching I read that drums can't be used with the SN95 axles:(. Can someone tell me why not and can they be modified to accept drums?

Dtowncats said:
After I did a little more searching I read that drums can't be used with the SN95 axles:(. Can someone tell me why not and can they be modified to accept drums?

The axles are 3/4 " longer. If you put the drums on the SN95 axles, your brake shoes will stick out halfway from behind the drums and not work. The only way it could work is if you made a 3/4" spacer at the axle flange and used longer bolts to move the drum brake backing plates out 3/4" from the rear end. But then you would have brake line length issues.

What size are the tires? 255s on 17x8 wheels will fit fine with SN95 axles. They just might need some fender rolling. If they are 275s, you probably should stick with the stock width rear end and use Ranger axles.

trbkrb said:
What size are the tires? 255s on 17x8 wheels will fit fine with SN95 axles. They just might need some fender rolling. If they are 275s, you probably should stick with the stock width rear end and use Ranger axles.

The DRs are 275s. If I decide to buy street tires I will go with a 255, but I would like to run the DRs for a little while anyway. The thing with the SN95 axles I want to run drums for now until I have the money to do it right with discs (I know... do it right the first time). So I might just do the ranger axles for now so I can get the Bullitts on soon.

I guess I will be going "junkyarding" next weekend.

Thanks for all of the help so far!! You guys are awesome!

Eric