1st Stupid ticket of the year

I used to be a state certified vehicle inspector in RI about 25 years ago. I don't know the current laws there, but I do know that if you drive with the top up and no back window, the suction will draw your own exhaust gases into the car. With the top down, you don't have the same vacuum in that area. If I were you I would just stick a thick piece of poly on there to meet their requirements and then take your time replacing it properly.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds kind of lame to me too, unless there really is a safety issue.

In my area, the imports get all the attention from local/state police. Second on their list seems to be motorcycles, but both crowds have plenty of tools driving them.

I can't even remember the last time I've seen a stang pulled over. Of course, I can go for a week or two without seeing a single police vehicle of any kind (yes, in metro Atlanta).

UPDATE

OK well went to a inspection station this morning. Their first question. "Well did you fix the rear window?" Ive been going to stations all weekend getting that bull line. The guy obviously had to pass some test to know that the rear window window isn't required. Inspection stations are a pain.

Well anyways i went to the main state inspection office. Showed the guy the 5 day tag. He asked "who gave this to you" and i replied "a cop" ?!?! DUH ....But he stamped it and said the only glass required is a windshield. So i'm all good now.

For guys in RI, it would be a good idea to read the local laws....according to law since my 1997 351 block is newer than my 1995 mustang, the emissions must go by the engine....not the car. This is really good for guys wanting to do 351 swaps in this state. I know there was a couple of guys that commented this thread from this state so for your personal info i would save the below link just incase you get your balls busted by RI's finest. :nice:

http://www.dmv.state.ri.us/inspections/PROPOSED AMENDMENTS inspection.pdf