2.3L Perfomance?

• Sponsors (?)

to be honest...there are not too many cheap ways it can be done...

because of its size....n/a is not a option

these motors are not known for being anything great..

but if you have to make it fast....turbo it

turbos are unnessacery but nice
1. factory ford computer is JUNK timing curve is way off and has built in rev limeter 5500-5800
2 intakes dont flow for nothing.
3. compression is way to low
4. cam is small

I have an 88 lx that im pullin the efi off of, swaping in a carb sending unit and putting a carb on it. it all ready has a racer walsh header,w/ 2 1/4 back flow master,r/w adjustable cam gear and factory non roller tubo cam.
head will be milled to aprox 9.6-1 compresision

this is the 4th time i built this combo this is the only one that disapointed me
the last 2 made over 160 flywheel horse power(there in my two brothers sand rails)

they could of made more with morre than the factory 8.7 -1 ratio, but they go to mexico and get some crummy gas

acording to eslinger this combo out to make 175 180 hp @ 7200 rpm

its a small 4 cyl SPIN IT

Yeah, I don't see an NA 88hp 2.3 gaining 72hp+ while keeping the stock longblock.....

As far as suggestions for getting more power out of a 2.3NA, that's why we have a search function here; so you can find all the other times that same question was asked and answered.

what all can i buy for my 87 to boost power without having to buy a turbo or supercharger i already have a custom intake any sudgestions?

I would suggest using the search feature. This same exact question comes up at least once a week, so you should find lots of answers.

Back in the day didn't Crovax have a bunch of stuff on his n/a and it still hardly made any power?

His and all the other built pump gas 2.3NAs.

would the tornado fuel saver do anything to help?

It won't actually.
We tested one and the only gain we found is if we left it out, then we dropped .00000000000001 off our drag times. why? Less weight in our wallet.
Putting the tornado in added back the weight we lost, and caused us to gain back that .00000000000001

and make sure you read up and understand the PROPER way to setup/tune for a Nitrous system.

If you don't know about timing adjustments, spark plug heat ranges, how to read plugs etc, DO NOT put a kit on your car.

And since I see it coming, Yes you can use a kit for a 5.0 or a generic kit, but you will have to do some modifying to make it work on your car.