2 Codes - P0340 - P1401

Mindstatic Pro

Jan 15, 2006
INDY
This car has been sitting for 2 years and I finally got her all put back together. The new block has 300 mi. on it. There are 2 codes being thrown...

1. P0340 - Crankshaft position sensor

Im getting a new one from Ford tomorrow and hopefully it will clear that code. Any additional input about this code would be great.

2. P1401 - This was something about emission control. I dont know what this one is all about and need some help. I heard filling up w/ the car running can throw a code like this but I never do that so thats out. I did drop the gas tank to install a new fuel sending unit and fuel pump. Thanks for the help...

• Sponsors (?)

I am not trying to be a jerk but your not even close with buying a crank pos sensor for the p0340 code

that code is for camshaft pos. sensor circuit malfuntion. you probally left a connector off when working on the car or the sensor/wiring is damaged

and the p1401 is the DPFE sensor, just go buy one if it's plugged in. They fail all the time.

when diaging EEC problems get the whole code and description and block your ears and scream " STOP.. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT AND YOUR LIKELY TO MAKE ME WASTE MONEY" when the autozone guy is telling you what is wrong.

then bring the codes on here and post them with a good description of how the car is running to us.

I don't trust the dimwits at autozone and thats why I came here w/ the codes. I'll check the CAMSHAFT sensor tomorrow.

The car runs great except for the timing. Its acting like it needs adavanced a few degrees. The only motor mods on the car are CAI, 75mm TB/plenum, headers, catted x, and CB.

DPFE? Enlighten me :shrug: