2 inch X-Pipe,Do they make em??

• Sponsors (?)

Well,my motor is stock,and from experience Ive learned that the stock headers and H-pipe are best for that motor!!(for low end torque) I opened up the entire system,FMS headers,off rd h-pipe,bassani cat back.Maybe you gain hp,but you lose all your low end!! You can feel it !!! I put the stock h-pipe back on,and noticed a little gain,but Im not gonna brake my ass and put the headers back on.(besides the fact that I threw them out) I think a 2 inch x-pipe will give me enough back-pressure,and will actually breath better to give me better times at the track,at least for now.Next season Im getting new HC and Intakes :nice: With stock HP,190---250,,you should keep the stock headers and h-pipe.JMO

In theory what you are saying is correct, however there are some flaws.

the OEM diameter exhaust is 2.25, as mentioned.

what you want is a high flowing 2" exhaust. Great, that's going to bring you right back on par to a stock exhaust, and how much money was spent???

Really, people should not modify their oem exhaust beyond a cat back, for sound reasons. In your case, you shouldn't be modifying your exhaust at all, as you will get NO gains in power, or none that are really worth mentioning.

Exhaust mods beyond sound shouldn't really be done until you start to push some real power.

v8only said:
In theory what you are saying is correct, however there are some flaws.

the OEM diameter exhaust is 2.25, as mentioned.

what you want is a high flowing 2" exhaust. Great, that's going to bring you right back on par to a stock exhaust, and how much money was spent???

Really, people should not modify their oem exhaust beyond a cat back, for sound reasons. In your case, you shouldn't be modifying your exhaust at all, as you will get NO gains in power, or none that are really worth mentioning.

Exhaust mods beyond sound shouldn't really be done until you start to push some real power.
I agree :nice: But I am not making the whole system 2 inches,just the x-pipe.( to get some back pressure back ) Everything else is 2 1/2.The Bassani tail pipe starts out 2 1/2,but as soon as it goes over the axle,it expands into 3 inch. :nice: