2 Questions need help

10seclx

Founding Member
Oct 19, 2002
Winterpeg
Okay heres the first problem when i go to try and start my car all the starter does is just spin.It seems like it doesnt connect with the flywheel but its done this with 2 brand new starters.Every so ofter it will catch but not turn anything over. So what could it be?

Second question. I have a friend in a 1991 LX 5.0 efi that wants to change his car over to carbed, what would he need for the swap?

• Sponsors (?)

If the car is a 5 speed, put it in 4th gear an push it 3-4 feet in gear. Now try to start it. If that doesn't work, the ring gear on the fly wheel may be broke from the weld. Rare but happens. Pull the starter, look for gears and see if the gears on the fly wheel are still good and connected.

4dStang said:
If the car is a 5 speed, put it in 4th gear an push it 3-4 feet in gear. Now try to start it. If that doesn't work, the ring gear on the fly wheel may be broke from the weld. Rare but happens. Pull the starter, look for gears and see if the gears on the fly wheel are still good and connected.
my thoughts exactly. well put. ring gears and bendix's can get flat spots too.

you can search for your buddy. i cant recall what all is entailed in the swap but there are a few items which must be swapped. (for EFI to carb).

good luck.