2 years, 7 weeks, 1 day and...

• Sponsors (?)

The thing that REALLY sucks is, if you go back 7 weeks from now it's about when the weather was starting to break and we were all getting excited about summer. Killer broke his car, when the weather was just starting to look promising. :bang: He missed TWO WHOLE SUMMERS!!!!! :bs: Sorry to hear THAT! Good thing you'll have it this Summer. :nice:

I just ran out of time and money and wanted to get it back on the road.

I know that feeling all to well! I'm still working on replacing/upgrading parts on mine from where I cut some corners to get it back together 2 years ago.....Wow, I can't believe it's been 2 years already! :eek:

The car's looking great! Good luck with it :nice:

congrats :nice:

what are the ET goals of this "get me buy" combo...mid to high 11's?

Are you going to pain the hard top? or paint the a pillars black?

If you plan on keeping the intake it would look good with the lower J bend powder coated yellow with the top triangle part and elbow pollished with the letters/ribs painted yellow. I cant wait to see it run and finished since your stuff is always some of the nicest/cleanest on here.

Thanks so much guys. I just home from yet another late night of wrenching and I have to get up in 5 hours to head to carlisle. I'll answer the questions later, but here's one pic of it outside.

P.S.- I can NOT get the car to idle! :(

172350.jpg

I think my IAC took a dump. My MAF and injectors are the same as I had before; 24lb's and a 75mm MAF. I use an eec tuner (though I completely forgot how to really use it). I did manage to find the idle values and I set them at 800, then 900, and then 1000rpms with absolutely no change. We then turned the idle screw 1-1/2 turns and its sitting right at 900rpms now. To me this seems like the IAC is bad or stuck. I don't know if there is a way to check it or not, someone suggested unplugging it while the car is running to see what if any change it makes. If there is no change then it is probably bad. At >$60 for the sensor, I don't want to just throw one on unless I know its bad.

I think my IAC took a dump. My MAF and injectors are the same as I had before; 24lb's and a 75mm MAF. I use an eec tuner (though I completely forgot how to really use it). I did manage to find the idle values and I set them at 800, then 900, and then 1000rpms with absolutely no change. We then turned the idle screw 1-1/2 turns and its sitting right at 900rpms now. To me this seems like the IAC is bad or stuck. I don't know if there is a way to check it or not, someone suggested unplugging it while the car is running to see what if any change it makes. If there is no change then it is probably bad. At >$60 for the sensor, I don't want to just throw one on unless I know its bad.

sounds like what was happening w/ me.

in short, i'd change the idle speed electronically w/ the tweecer and nothing... a new IAC and it worked.

If you want another one to try Paul shoot me an email with your shipping address and I will send you the one off my car to try to see if that helps you any in the diagnosis. I am using 93-down setup now so I won't need it anymore.

[email protected]

Edit: I can't seem to find it, it might have found its way into the trash can during the swap. If I find it I will let you know.

Troy, thanks for the offer. Now that I think about it, I should have my stock one lying around somewhere as my FMS TB came with a new sensor. I'll have to look.

Here are a few pics I just took. It started raining a few minutes after these pics were taken and it was over cast. If the sun ever comes back out I'll get some new ones. :) I hope to get my new fog lights installed tonight but I have to go to the store to get some new bolts.

172953.jpg

172969.jpg

172952.jpg

The hood fit perfectly on the pass. side until I had the hood struts installed. I'll have to work on it to see if I can get the pass. side back down and in line with the fender.

I've been wanting to see this when I opened my garage door for 2 years!

172968.jpg