20 Inch Rims???????

• Sponsors (?)

Hey,
Thanks for the pic post Nick. I have the silver 00 with the 20s. I am running the Nitto 555 275/30/20 tires on the back and 245/35/20s on the front. The wheels are 20x11 on the rear and 20x9 on the front. It rides good and I have had nothing but good comments from everyone. Everyone said it couldnt be done, but there are a few doing it. Post some pics when you get it done...

Originally posted by 96GTS
If you get the right rims and use them for cruising and shows only, they CAN look badass. Only on 99+ tho.
ffw27.jpg

ffw28.jpg

ffw29.jpg

^^Stolen from 99darkgreenGT:D ^^
stray_lead.jpg

side.jpg

wheel.jpg

url]

that looks alot like snkchmr's car, even with the same badges.... :scratch:

If I'm not mistaken that GT badge comes from a 60's Stang. I believe it comes from the wheel centercap of a real 1968 GT rim. That model had a rim with rounded corners on rectangular holes all the way around the rim, with a 5in. centercap like a hub cap in the middle. I think that GT was on the cap of those real GT Stangs.

So at least it comes from a Stang. I like it, but doubt I'll do that to my Stang at the same time.:nice:

i think 20" is a little bit too much...especiall ychrome ones...looks like a cadillac escalade in a hip hop tv show..lol...
i would stick with a lower stang with 18"...
does anyone have pictures of 19" rims ?...never see a stang with that...

If I still had a '99+ Stang ( I sold my '99 Cobra too soon) I'd have to have some 19" or 20" rims! The wheel wells on those cars are huge! My 17" stock wheel and Cobra R's looked tiny on my Cobra!

Vitoman's car is awesome in person! Those wheels look like they were made for that car!

20" rims to cruise and 15" rims at the track...That's what I'm talking about!

Originally posted by 68 & 00 GT
If I'm not mistaken that GT badge comes from a 60's Stang. I believe it comes from the wheel centercap of a real 1968 GT rim. That model had a rim with rounded corners on rectangular holes all the way around the rim, with a 5in. centercap like a hub cap in the middle. I think that GT was on the cap of those real GT Stangs.

Actually those are Torino GT emblems

I think rims nowadays are more of an asthetic(spelling?) choice than a performance choice. All our cars come with 17's which are an excellent compromise between ride-handling-traction. I agree that a set of 20" chrome spinners on 99+ is not something I would ever go for,but wanting something big(18"-20") is not a bad idea. If traction is a big deal-then 15's with slicks and skinnies up front are the way to go. I say 18's are nice and I have to say that those 20" Bullit style rims are HOT! If I had the cash,I'd definately hit up a set of 19 or 20 inchers for driving around on.

My .02 cents

How about these:24" of PS fun!

attachment.php

I think once I get set in the go department I'm going to slap some 19 or 20 in rims on my stang, seems like 18's are becoming really popular and the bigger rims just fill up the 99 and up wheel wells perfectly. after seeing 99 + stangs w/ big rims.. that is for sure what I want to do. some can be pretty tacky, but with the right rims and right drop.. it looks very nice.

24" :puke:
20" :notnice:
19" :shrug: Little bit too big.

I think 18" is the perfect size. Plus, even if someone can run 12's with big homeboy brother 20's, you could do even better with some Weld's.

what company even makes those 20" bullitts? cuz i havent seen any info on them. I honestly wish i could find that thread from svtperformance.com, cuz this guy had the nicest set of 19" rims on his mystic. It really made me think twice about what to get. Ive got 18" Saleen replicas, but then again, I'm not going to be racing my car all the time, my eventual goal is a show car that could race, if i wanted to.