20 inch rims

• Sponsors (?)

uhh...

The size isnt what turns me off, its just the style....they would work for me on a Navigator, or Expedition. But not on a Stang...just too big and overdone.

oh they work on this car...the size fits the car better, and the style is more i guess "sporty" maybe? not to mention the sheer size of them the tires are 285-30-20front 345-25-20rear.
VIPER212.JPG

VIPER225.JPG

Idk maybe its just me...but id much rather keep my 17's or if i was gonna spend that kinda cash on some wheels, it throw it down on some sick @$$ 18" BBS wheels or something.

Not to mention i cant even begin to IMAGINE how itsy bitsy our little GT rotors look behind 20's. I mean 20's make the rotors on that GTS look small, and they are 14" in the front, and 13" on the back

Anthony

I have a friend who put 20's on a Dakota, and they made the brakes look absolutely tiny. It's a good thign that it was hard to see the brakes unless you were really looking. They were Billet Specialties Shock 6, I think.

Now he's building one from the ground up, most of the frame and everything, and it's gonna have 22's. 285/35 in the back and unknown size up front. His projects always end up unique and tasteful with some performance thrown in for good measure.

chrismillion said:
i got them because i couldn't visiblely see any major difference between the factory 16's compared to the 18's..

how much crack do you usually smoke on a daily basis???

well guess I'll say it since no one else has but 20's on a stang loook retarted. 17's and 18's fit Just right when the car is lowerd but 20's just look out of place.

I'll have to give the rims and the chrome exhaust tips Teh Loose :notnice:

1 - This is more of a go-fast group of guys. Less show, more go.

2 - Do yourself a favor, get a calculator and do a search on the internet for rotational intertia. If you're serious about performance at all, you'll be trading those in by the end of the day.

Striped5.0 said:
how much crack do you usually smoke on a daily basis???

well guess I'll say it since no one else has but 20's on a stang loook retarted. 17's and 18's fit Just right when the car is lowerd but 20's just look out of place.

I'll have to give the rims and the chrome exhaust tips Teh Loose :notnice:

:stupid: :nono:

Paul

Black95GTS said:
1 - This is more of a go-fast group of guys. Less show, more go.

2 - Do yourself a favor, get a calculator and do a search on the internet for rotational intertia. If you're serious about performance at all, you'll be trading those in by the end of the day.
hey man cause you got two inches less you don't got to stress. it's just two inches dammm.come on think about it?!? 2 inches. II inches. Dos inches. bravo inches.

2" in diameter mean a lot more in circumfrence which means a lot more tread down. just sayin that 2" is a ton when it comes to performance of a wheel but some people dont really care too much about performance which is ok

circumference = pi*diameter. 18*3.14 is 56.52. 20*3.14 = 62.8. So just with the rims, you're running over 6 inches more per rotation. Granted, you can adjust the wall height to compensate, but you can only do that so much. Not to mention the huge increase in weight. I'd rather my power went into the road instead of overcoming rotational inertia. Why do you think the aluminum drive shaft is so popular an upgrade? With the amount of times that guy spins, you end up saving, over thousands of revolutions, a TON of HP over the long run and that goes right to the wheels.