20" or bigger cobra R's?

• Sponsors (?)

that wouldve been a different story 2 years ago...

The problem with bigger wheels is they usually have lower profile tires. Any lower profile tire I would probably get 15 second time slips because of no traction.

But there are some low pro tires that do get some good traction. EXPENSIVE$$$$$

ALRIGHT! if you cant be serious than dont repli to my thread. dont get me wrong i love speed thats why im dropping in a bullet blowen nav. motor (should be out of the shop in a couple of weeks), but i also care about looks too. the cars going to be a show car. thats why i dropped so much $$$$ into it lambo doors, suicide hood and a trunk that goes up then foward isnt cheep and 20's just complete the package. iv got weld wheels and micky tompson drag slicks for racing and 18 inch ford cobra R's with dot bf goodrich slicks for street racing. dont give me wrong i love oak town but im not ghetto in my area all houses are 400,000+ my negibor hood there all 1 mil+ im upper middle class. I hate wire rims on any thing other than a classic impala or a fixed up caddy but i dont go up to people who have 15 inch gold wire rims on there civic and talk **** its just my opinion !

by the way what size are those rims on the blue fox 20's? :D

i want 20x8.5 on the front but i wish i could put 20x10 on the back. you guys are flamers! im also getting a dash, door panels,ect made in solid carbon fiber! why? because i want to loose some lbs. and dont want the look of tin or fiber glass. you may laugh at me but when im on the cover of 5.0 and mmff pluse winning all the shows youll be putting your foot in your mouth! :banana:

i will as soon as its done itll be painted next week, i havent decided if i want to paint it black (original color) or black with silver pearl eaith way it going to have silver racing stripes and 10 coats of clear coat to smooth it all out! :banana:

aww dont get me wrong man, im not down talking what your doing. i say go for it. i think 20's are clean. like i said i have plenty of family on 20's. so i say dont listen to what anyone says, just go for it. especially the way that you are describing the vehicle. i really say go for it. and make sure you post pics when you are finished.

yeah i have to go buy a digi cam this week and then ill post some its just along process swaping parts. for those of you who dont know my orginal 98 black cobra project was stolen by my girls brother when i left my car at her house and it was totaled when he hydro planned it. its cool though because the last onehad almost 60k miles and this one only has 10k miles. it was a little old ladies car that was never driven. it just makes me smile :flag:

Attachments

• icn2754.jpg
    icn2754.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 122
STANGateURlilSS said:
20" rims on a fox.. WTF.. you would need a about 3" lift kit to fit them under the fenderwells.. hey maybe while your at it you can put hydros on it too :rolleyes: ..

but then again who am i to talk.. my 17s are just HUGE on my fox i had to buy flared fenders for them.. too big so i have no room to talk 17X10.5F AND 17X12 REAR :rolleyes:

i would rather put 4 temporay spares on the notch then roll around on 20s.. AT LEAST THEY WOULD FIT

15s yes, 16s yes, 17s yes 18s yes 19s, 20s, 22s, and up.. NO

if you want bling bling.. buy a gm vehicle.. maybe a nice.. CAMARO .. lmao yeah a CAMARO on 20s .. thats BLING BLING

:spot: :spot: :spot: :spot: :spot:

I seen a firebird convertible with 20's.. and on a convertible.. that didn't look half bad, it was bling bling.. but it still looked good.. on the other hand, the mustang in the above pic w/ 20's looks like ****.

I think that the blue Fox and the Orange Fox look Awesome. Especially with those drum brakes in there. The owner of the orange one even painted them silver to make them stand out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It may look ok on your cobra, but if it looks dumb with those "little" Cobra brakes behind your 20s, don't come here looking for sympathy. The front may be ok, with the 13" rotors, but the back will look ghetto.

Maybe you can go to Pep Boys and get those fake discs so you can get the total ricer look going. Go ahead and get on 5.0 and MMFF, they always show the riced up cars anyways. And is it me or does everyone featured own some kind of "Performance Shop" or a "Custom Car" shop. I am getting tired of all of the trailer queens in those magazines. :bang: :bang:

Sorry, I had to rant and rave.

Mo' Town :flag: :flag:

600hp895.0 said:
ALRIGHT! if you cant be serious than dont repli to my thread. dont get me wrong i love speed thats why im dropping in a bullet blowen nav. motor (should be out of the shop in a couple of weeks), but i also care about looks too. the cars going to be a show car. thats why i dropped so much $$$$ into it lambo doors, suicide hood and a trunk that goes up then foward isnt cheep and 20's just complete the package. iv got weld wheels and micky tompson drag slicks for racing and 18 inch ford cobra R's with dot bf goodrich slicks for street racing. dont give me wrong i love oak town but im not ghetto in my area all houses are 400,000+ my negibor hood there all 1 mil+ im upper middle class. I hate wire rims on any thing other than a classic impala or a fixed up caddy but i dont go up to people who have 15 inch gold wire rims on there civic and talk **** its just my opinion !

by the way what size are those rims on the blue fox 20's? :D

Get some custom wheels made if your making a show car and got cash to burn. That way you can be more unique.

I'm sure if you call some shops up you could get a custom cnc machined wheel.

I mean hell they do it for choppers why not for cars? :shrug:

66fstbk said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42611&item=2449514995

here is a link to some 20" chrome cobra r's with tires on ebay.8.5" wide.

$2k w/ tires and mounted and balanced. not to bad.

heres a pic of a fox body/hatchback w/ the 20's for sale on that site? not sure what there called,i just know its not a LX.

good luck.

LOL at the "happy customer" picture.. thats also a 6cyl mustang. HA.

The big wheels on the orange car look pretty cool, but very unpractical, looks like a 4x4 too..

600hp895.0 Go and put the 20's on your car man. It's gonna fit the look of the rest of the car. I'd like to see some pics. Its cool to see the different stuff other people do even if i would never consider doing it.

For those who think trucks should have 22's or bigger and anyone considering 20's or bigger on a stang should think about this: I saw a show on TV that said how all these SUV's that everyones throwing huge rims on are taking a beating. They weren't built to handle the vibrations extremely less sidewall is giving them or the extra rotating mass and sumtimes a much larger OD. Basically much larger wheels shorten the lifespan of a lot of parts on the SUV's. I don't remember the exact details but its just something to consider or research if you're going to be doing this with your car/truck.