2000 posts and still going

wmburns

SN Certified Technician
Aug 14, 2009
Houston Texas
Hello everyone. This is my 2,000th post.

On a personal note, today I ordered a new Ford service library on DVD. If it works, this will cover Ford model years from 1992 through 2011.

More wiring diagrams! More fixing our own cars!

On to the next 1000!

• Sponsors (?)

Seeing as how I just moved this to "Talk" (where it belongs), you now have 1999 posts.

IIRC the forum now counts both tech and talk posts so it should still be 2,000 unless you move it to classifieds (perhaps) :shrug:

Congrats Burns, thanks for the assist you've provided me and others on this site. You've been most helpful...

Why did "talk" posts not used to count way back in the day? I also had a couple thousand posts removed from me a while back, and couldn't figure out why.

Eitherway, Congrats, WMburns! You need to come hang out with us in Houston. We have a good little group of guys that mix it up.

Why did "talk" posts not used to count way back in the day?

4.6 Talk back in the day was a COMPLETELY different animal than what it is today. If you made a thread, it only averaged about a day on the first page of topics. There was a new thread posted every other minute and they were the most "off-the-wall" threads you could imagine. I guess SN didn't want to promote such anarchy with added post counts.

4.6 Talk was so much fun back then.

This place, partially along with the corral, is what seperated the 2v community. So many other forums and shops were created from the NA 2v NMRA drag racers fighting. Some of the threads were epic between the racers.

4.6 Talk back in the day was a COMPLETELY different animal than what it is today. If you made a thread, it only averaged about a day on the first page of topics. There was a new thread posted every other minute and they were the most "off-the-wall" threads you could imagine. I guess SN didn't want to promote such anarchy with added post counts.

4.6 Talk was so much fun back then.

My guess is because back in the day, everyone had a 4.6 2v

They're getting dated, and not as many ppl have them anymore.

My guess is because back in the day, everyone had a 4.6 2v

They're getting dated, and not as many ppl have them anymore.

I'd say that a mere 50% of the posters in 4.6 Talk back then actually had 4.6 2V's. 4.6 Talk was, by far, the hottest sub forum on SN (and the hottest sub forum for just about every Mustang site). Everyone posted here, 2V or not.

Talk never counted toward post counts.

*Edit* Hmmm, seems to now. Weird.

Yea, it started counting around a year or so ago. I had around 500 posts for a LONG time, and now I suddenly have almost 2,000. IIRC, it changed at the same time that post counts started counting in the SW.

And considering that wmburns ALWAYS posts in the tech section (with some pretty spectacular tech, I might add), I thought it was appropriate he start this kinda thread there. :D