Interior and Upholstery 2001 Rear seat removal problems

jgambetty

Sep 18, 2023
WI
I am trying to remove the rear seat on my 2001 GT Convertible to get to the top motor to add some fluid. I have watched some videos, and found the tabs to push the release button, but when I do the seat bottom loosens up a little, but I can’t pull it up.
Anyone else run into this problem? Do I need to just force it once it is loose?

• Sponsors (?)

Push the tabs in, and then just pull up on the front of the seat. The only thing holding the seat in are the two tabs in front. Lift the front of seat to pivot it up, and then lift out.

Then it’s two 10mm bolts in the corner for the seatback. Lift it up about 1” to get the back out.

When it loosens, you just gotta yank it upwards. If it hasn't been released in some times it sometimes sticks in the clips.

You can kinda pull up on the seat and look under and you'll see the front of the below clips. Push in the area circled in red hard with a screwdriver while pulling up. When you do this the clip circled in blue pushes to the rear and allows the seat to come up. Sometimes this jams or sticks, so you need to push the red circled part in pretty firmly and yank up. But this is all that holes the seat in place.

1695919832974.png

Last edited: