2004-6 celica vs 95 mustang gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got into a nasty accident as a passenger, in my friend's 1987 Chevy Monte Carlo SS, which had a 350. We were racing a mitsubishi eclipse turbo on the high way, he lost it into the median strip, and the car was stopped by several trees.

Seat belt saved my life that night, I would have gone straight through the wind shield. Good thing they built Monte Carlo's with the same specs as an Abrams tank.

Adam

• Sponsors (?)

I really think that 90% of this website has at least raced once at some place other than the track. While it isn't necessarily advocated, or advertised in a positive manner, it's a reality. People street race, that's just the way it works. There's a huge street racing scene around my area, and I've spent many Saturday nights out in spots until sunrise, going out to breakfast afterwards.

While I enjoy going out and watching some 10 seconds cars around here 'dropping the hammer', as previously stated, I don't approve of street racing. Have I done it? Of course. Is it stupid, negligent, irresponsible, and mildly immature? Of course. It's a fact of life though, and most people just will either grow out of it, or injure themselves or someone else, or end up in jail before they stop. IMO, that's their choice to make. If you aren't mature enough to drive your car like a normal person until you hit the drag strip, then that's not my problem - I'd just prefer you don't slam into me doing 110 on the highway. :flag::Track:

That's the thing, it's usually the "immature" punks in civics or even, yes, Mustangs that don't know what their doing or have a power rush. A 10 second car has no business racing on the streets anyway. I know what you mean, I've seen people trailor their cars to parking lots and street race them, slicks and all. No freakin' way, if they went through that much trouble, Gainsville is only a couple hours a way and they have a trailor, no excuse!

Besides, if I wanted to stay safe all the time I sure wouldn't have bought a Mustang, they aren't the safest cars on the road as you can gather from that story you posted. And a GT500 may be just a little more power than most can handle on the streets. I will say, when I had my old S-Trimmed 95, I tried "dropping the hammer" once on the interstate and lost the rear end a little, never again!!!!

I'm talking a little stop light to stop light or out on an open rural highway type fun. If you're in a place where you can lose control you shouldn't be racing in the first place. And since GT500's are pretty solid with handling capability, the person driving it was full of FAIL! And he paid with his and passengers' lives.

I'm 29 years old and drive a hooptie stang, I was really into street racing back in my Fox days, right after Fast n Furious came out... all these guys and their NOSS, I had to show them what was going on, cost me hundreds in fines, trip to jail for driving on suspended, you name it!

In 2002, ironically, the first day of Safe Driving Week, i got busted doing 147 in a 50 zone. Kilometers per hour....

conversion = 90ish in a 30 zone.

Cost me alot. I'll leave it at that

I'll go out of my way to find the track, if I'm ever willing to ham on it again

There are MANY people out there who are very foolish while driving. I think most of us can agree that our more questionable days are over with. I also think that the majority of us can be responsible enough to bang a couple gears on the road without being a moron. :grouphug:

There are MANY people out there who are very foolish while driving. I think most of us can agree that our more questionable days are over with. I also think that the majority of us can be responsible enough to bang a couple gears on the road without being a moron. :grouphug:
Very true! It's all about knowing your limits, both in yourself and in your vehicle. Sure, our cars are able to hit speeds in excess of 100 mph, but is that EVER a smart thing to do in a place other than a track? Not at all, but it's been done, and will continue to be done. I have this empty road that's next to a sawmill in my area about 10 minutes from home. Every couple days or so, I love to go out to that road at around 2am, and practice launches, shifts, etc. My car's never seen above 65 mph on that road, however, because if I were to wreck at a high speed, that increases chances of injury or death both to myself and possibly someone else had there actually been another car on the road - not that I don't make sure there isn't beforehand. The racing is in the past, and the track isn't expensive enough just yet to pass up. You wanna speed? You want to line up next to someone? Thennnn :Track:. That way, it's not some he said-she said BS. You have a fancy shmancy timeslip to SHOW who won, and didn't. :nice:

I'm not going to tell someone not to do something I did. I used to street race back and the day, and I don't do it anymore because it's not worth the legal trouble. However, I don't consider it that dangerous. I don't have a problem with it, as long as people do it in a place where they can only hurt themselves. Back in the old day we use to go out to US-27 at 2 am. We'd block off half a mile of road and race. I don't see a problem with that. Everyone picks the level of risk they want to live at. Street racing surely isn't any more dangerous than riding a motorcycle here in Atlanta.

Kurt

Track? Problem is not ALL of us have the luxury of being close to a "track" so we make our own tracks. And they just happen to be on a street. There is always a street around that no one uses and they do just fine. Probably not as safe as a track due to lack of Emergency personel, but you're in a stock Mustang, you won't get up to the speeds to necessitate Emergency responders! lol

Track>Street, but sometimes the street is the ONLY option.

Hope you beat him.

Only option or not, we don't discuss Street Racing here on Stangnet....PERIOD!

And with that.....:lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.