2006 H13 xenon headlights

• Sponsors (?)

Silverstar is a Medium brand.. . If you want the best. Hands down

PIAA

I doubt anyone could name a company with as much support and quality products that they have!

and to add.. If ever you buy a product from Ebay, which is manufactured or assembled by some online company..
I'm not going to say your stupid, but Definatly... If you expect anything good from it, reguardless of how much you paid... lol.. don't.

99.9% of ebay brand's are a Hit or Miss... The price may be great, or may be just a hair-better than a name brand.. but expect far-less quality or craftmanship Regaurdless of how "reputable" they claim they are.

Both PIAA and SILVERSTAR are almost the same as stock. And both are pricey!

And I saw those bulbs that BOI sells and my first thought was OMG their crap. They look like the crap bulbs on eBay.

Nokyas are seriously good bulbs. Though they do burnout in about 2 years, it sure beats 1 week like most crap bulbs. And the Nokya Stage IIs will be Noticably brighter. I'm putting them in my mustang too.

NOTE: You can save yourself a TON of frustration with any light bulb if you NEVER EVER EVER touch the glass bulb part. The heat that headlights create will soak on your fingerprints and burn the bulb out.

Bulbs

I used Silverstars since they come on the market up until I got my HIDs. I liked them very much. I tried several other brands and none were as good as Silverstars. Many of my friends and family use Silverstars and everybody loves 'em.
The only downside I saw was a little shorter life, but the last set I had in my '06 were 2 years old and going strong when I took them out to install the HIDs. I recently put a Silverstar in my new Suzuki motorcycle and the difference was amazing.

That's good. I have experience with Silverstar, PIAA, etc. And I have to say from my experience that none of them compare to the Nokya bulbs. Nothing short of the true HID compares to them from the many brand I have seen. They are not some ricer brand Pep Boys knock offs.

Holy Hell! I just noticed that the Nokya H10 and H13 are WAY more expensive than the other types. They must be more in demand or something. I have used their H1, H7, H11 and 870 bulbs before and all were ~$20 a set.

Best price I could find so far was $37 for H13 and $23 for H10. And none of those are higher than stock wattage. Kick me in the junk!

Bulbs

I also have experience with several brands of bulbs. Silverstars, PIAA, Luminics, LUKS. The PIAAs were very good, the Luminics & LUKS were crap. You already know I liked the Silverstars. I also tried Nokya Arctic Whites, as you stated about Silverstars, I thought the Nokyas were a medium brand.
I guess what it boils down to is, when you find a bulb YOU like, use it. I do know nothing stands up to HID - nothing.

In a pure twist on luck/irony I got a free set of HIDs installed last night. LOL! I woudl have gotten pictures but I had trouble with the oil change (Ford Filter did not include rubber seal, and did not know until I had drained all the oil and could not go anywhere)

I got 8k HIDs and they look great. For right now I just have the headlights done, I ordered a set of H10s for the fogs to match.

The magazine I write for had abotu 16 sets of H13 laying around because we use them on the Pontaic Solstice and we are going to Vegas next weekend for the national meet. They had a set with a bad ballast, so we swapped that with a spare and now I couldn't be happier with them :)

I guess that means no bulbs for me.

Yeah, I really didn't get to drive last night because of the oil change issue. I know they look completely different side by side though. I can't wait to get the Foglights in next week. I don't want any oncoming traffic to be able to see where they are going. LOL!