2010 Mustangs Whatta u think?

I love the new Stang. Thought I would hate it but after I saw one up close and then drove it I was impressed with it. Felt so comfertable and the fit and finnish was very un Mustang. The materials felt great and looked nice. The system sounded great and the back up camera is helpful. I never pulled it past 4500 cause it only had 12 miles on it but it pulled very nice. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

WOW i trully love every aspect of my FOXBODY MUSTANG much better than 2005 to 2010 stlye mustangs by a mile i must be a true FOXBODY lover, but i do love the look of the SN years too.....but not as much as FOXBODYS, but i have no desire for newer than 2004 mustang :shrug:

Just because i'd sell my car for an 05 - 2010 doesn't make me any less of a fox lover. The newer styles 100% resemble the golden ages of mustangs. Ive owned 8 fox bodys and ONLY fox bodies. Its a little easier for me to get rid of one since i've owned so many and they are so cheap. My interests have changed in life, i no longer need or want the huge hp fox mustang that runs 10's. I want one with more creature comforts, better handling, better chassis.. One can't argue that the newer mustangs are leaps and bounds better then the older ones in every category.

Just because i'd sell my car for an 05 - 2010 doesn't make me any less of a fox lover. The newer styles 100% resemble the golden ages of mustangs. Ive owned 8 fox bodys and ONLY fox bodies. Its a little easier for me to get rid of one since i've owned so many and they are so cheap. My interests have changed in life, i no longer need or want the huge hp fox mustang that runs 10's. I want one with more creature comforts, better handling, better chassis.. One can't argue that the newer mustangs are leaps and bounds better then the older ones in every category.

:stupid:

the older I get the more i want one, but i do believe that good foxes are getting more expensive so im gonna hold on to all of mine and try to buy the newer ones once they hit 10-12K i just saw an 05 gt with 75k go for 10k so the prices are coming down.

2.5 seconds i just thought that was kinda quik but ah different strokes i guess i had my first 550 hp Z28 camaro almost 30 years ago and my interests have never changed lol ive always had another car or truck for creature comforts, i gotta say i love the way my fox handles i would not wanna go cross country wit it but 3 hour drives i have a smile on my face the whole way i wouldn't wanna take anything else:D again i love my foxbody i would not trade it for 2 new mustangs thats me, and the money ive put into mine i think im gettin close to the price of new with no regrets. I gotta disagree with that 100% resemblence of the golden age mustangs side by side theres barely a resemblence maybe similiar attemp with the lights. After 8 foxbodys nobody can doubt your love for them only u:nice:

you could buy 2 03 cobras for one 10' mustang, that is my problem with the situation. I love the car but cant justify the price

Me personally i would take one 03 terminator in good shape over any 05 or newer stang anyday given choice that's me:shrug: when i hear a termi coming i know what's coming and i cant look hard enough as it goes by i hardly find myself looking at 05 or newer stangs even GT 500s again that's me:nice:

Ok I love foxbodies dont get me wrong I've owned 3 lx. There is alot of things I don't like about the foxbody cars so no car is perfect. If you want a full list of things that are wrong with foxes let me know lol. I have to say I love the 2010 at first in pics I didn't know about the rear but, I love it in person. I hated the rear on the 99 mustang when it first came out and finally decided it was great so give it time. Its not an Aztec its a mustang so respect it. Not that all mustangs are great look at a mustang 2.

Ok I love foxbodies dont get me wrong I've owned 3 lx. There is alot of things I don't like about the foxbody cars so no car is perfect. If you want a full list of things that are wrong with foxes let me know lol. I have to say I love the 2010 at first in pics I didn't know about the rear but, I love it in person. I hated the rear on the 99 mustang when it first came out and finally decided it was great so give it time. Its not an Aztec its a mustang so respect it. Not that all mustangs are great look at a mustang 2.

wait dont get me wrong i dont like the toad also never did and after 5 years with the new style mustang i dont like it then or now nor do i respect it. Theres plenty other year mustangs i do like and respect tho:D

:shrug: this is the foxbody section right:shrug: seems like if theres any lack of respect its happening in this section in this thread toward foxbodys :shrug:

Personally, I've never warmed up to the 05+ cars. They just do nothing for me. I've got lots of friends that own them, I've ridden in some really nice ones, I've rented them a couple of times while travelling, but just don't care for them. I even made a deposit to get a GT500 when they were first announced, but decided not to pull the trigger when I first saw them.

When I saw pictures of the '10, I felt the same way. That changed when I actually saw the car in person. I haven't driven one or even seen the interior yet, but I really like the exterior. I wouldn't pay $35k+, but I like the way they look.

I try to always look at any car with potential in mind. The '05's in plain jane form are boring as heck but when you lower them and put some nice fat rims and tires all around they start to wake up and things that looked goofy with the stock profile don't look so bad. I think that's gonna be a big part of the '10. I was pretty let down with the '05 because it wasn't as aggressive looking as the concept car was, but now i've seen enough owner modified cars that i like them a lot. I can see great potential in the '10...just give it a chance.

I will say though it's way the hell over priced. The problem with these cars, even the SN95 cars is that they're so expensive that i'll never own one so they may as well be exotics in my humble little world.

:shrug: this is the foxbody section right:shrug: seems like if theres any lack of respect its happening in this section in this thread toward foxbodys :shrug:

It's the same thing that happens with every new model intro.

A.) Group of people hate new car...go hug the one in their driveway.

B.) People like new car, but appreciate it as a new model and still love their older model...perhaps appreciate it more

C.) New crowd of fans joins community, proceeds to buy new model and bash anything prior to that model insulting the entire community that they have been a member of for less than a month

D.) People secretly love the new model, but can't afford it, so they find any little flaw they can to put it down and justify their reasoning for not wanting to purchase it....and then come up with reasons why their 10+ year old model is "better"

E.) Love them all no matter the pros and cons of each.

It happened in '94, 99, 05 and now '10.

I agree ive seen some lowered wit some big tires at the track looking better i also like when they are striped i usually dont like stripes but it helps with the size of 05 or newer stangs, i dont hate the car just not what i like compared to some of the other year stangs:nice:

I'm gonna say D happens more times than any other option.

The '94-95 cars are a PRIME example of this. People hated those cars almost as bad as the II's but now they've got a cult following. Back when i was in school people wouldn't be caught dead in a coupe...they were the "station wagon" of the Mustang world at the time. Then people started racing them....now people want an extra grand when selling a coupe just because it's a coupe.

It's the same thing that happens with every new model intro.

A.) Group of people hate new car...go hug the one in their driveway.

B.) People like new car, but appreciate it as a new model and still love their older model...perhaps appreciate it more

C.) New crowd of fans joins community, proceeds to buy new model and bash anything prior to that model insulting the entire community that they have been a member of for less than a month

D.) People secretly love the new model, but can't afford it, so they find any little flaw they can to put it down and justify their reasoning for not wanting to purchase it....and then come up with reasons why their 10+ year old model is "better"

E.) Love them all no matter the pros and cons of each.

It happened in '94, 99, 05 and now '10.

Mike i dont hate the new car just really love the foxbody and SN years much more, i truly have trouble with the size of the newer models and the feel of the interior. Ive always like Vette like seating or even SN stangs even FOXBODYS the newer models will never be for me.

I'm gonna say D happens more times than any other option.

The '94-95 cars are a PRIME example of this. People hated those cars almost as bad as the II's but now they've got a cult following. Back when i was in school people wouldn't be caught dead in a coupe...they were the "station wagon" of the Mustang world at the time. Then people started racing them....now people want an extra grand when selling a coupe just because it's a coupe.

Ive always loved the SN years right from the start, i gotta disagree with the D option more than any other, a large portion of people on the Foxbody forum have put the kinda money it takes to buy a newer model into their foxbody with no regrets just cause they love foxbodys that much. I gotta believe with the amount of true foxbody enthusiast on this forum the D option is not true god dam i hope not!

Well, the Fox cars have a sort of legendary status...not to talk them up but if you go into ANY racing group and ask them what "Ford" is the car to beat or the car to race, and they'll likely tell you it's the Fox Mustang. You're right though it's probably more about loyalty to what they've got than anything...sort of a new kid hazing kind of deal..lol

Mike i dont hate the new car just really love the foxbody and SN years much more, i truly have trouble with the size of the newer models and the feel of the interior. Ive always like Vette like seating or even SN stangs even FOXBODYS the newer models will never be for me.

I wasn't really directing my post towards you. Perhaps "hate" would be a strong word to use in Choice A. I should change that to "People truely aren't flattered by the new model" rather than "Hate it"

i wasn't really trying to lump anyone here into any category. It was just something i noticed when the '05's came out.

I also disagree and feel that "D" happens quite frequently. Again, not saying there is anything wrong with that. if i had $40K sitting around i could blow on another car, i would...but I don't so i can't buy one. But i feel a lot of guys sometimes look for "flaws" with the new cars so they can justify not buying one and keeping their old car...when it's really just financials.

Again, not trying to say any particular person is any particular choice here. I myself feel I am choice "E". If it has a pony in the grill, i love it. However if i had a huge garage and $40K of cash i could blow..i would buy one today.

I wasn't really directing my post towards you. Perhaps "hate" would be a strong word to use in Choice A. I should change that to "People truely aren't flattered by the new model" rather than "Hate it"

i wasn't really trying to lump anyone here into any category. It was just something i noticed when the '05's came out.

I also disagree and feel that "D" happens quite frequently. Again, not saying there is anything wrong with that. if i had $40K sitting around i could blow on another car, i would...but I don't so i can't buy one. But i feel a lot of guys sometimes look for "flaws" with the new cars so they can justify not buying one and keeping their old car...when it's really just financials.

Again, not trying to say any particular person is any particular choice here. I myself feel I am choice "E". If it has a pony in the grill, i love it. However if i had a huge garage and $40K of cash i could blow..i would buy one today.

I figured that it wasn't directed towards me i just answered it anyways i honestly hope that the D option doesnt happen that frequently, and if i had another 40 grand to blow there would be a spotless modified Terminator in my garage with 10 grand left to put into my suburban not even a thought of a new stang :nice: