2011 V6 Test Drive ... AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU AGAIN! The fact of the matter is Im not trying to sell anything! But u wont leave well enough alone, so I'll continue Mr. "if I test drive the new v-6 it"ll rule my world". If thats the case then its truly a small world after all! I really could care less what cars u have driven, where u a valet parker? Anyway, i spend money on my car beacuse its PAID FOR! So i can afford to spend as much money on it as i want, not to impress anyone, but to make it the best car i can make it!!! As any mustang owner does who puts money into there stang! So if that bothers u then welcome to the real world of the haves and have nots, dude! So please feel free to leave this alone as once again, i havent said all there is to say but ive said enough!

at first i thought it'd be funny to see how many exclamation points you could cram in a single post but at this point i'm just wondering how long you can keep this up. idunno man, im just concerned about the fact that you use more punctuation than alphabet.

so, just to be clear, you post, make a jab, then say you're done, then get butthurt and post again when someone actually responds to said jab?

im participating in this thread cause im stoked about the car. you're here to chant some mantra about it not being a muscle car despite having more power than your GT when it rolled off the lot.

you're retroactively butthurt even though your current setup probably makes good power. we get it. build a bridge and get over it, man.

• Sponsors (?)

If your satisfaction comes from knowing stuff then know this, Rxdawg stated in his post, "this is a muscle car" an you would know that if u read it fully! Thats all i was debating you idiot! I could sit here all day and engage your ramblings about whatever but for someone who is supposed to be college educated you'll never get it! Damn, every village has one!

If your satisfaction comes from knowing stuff then know this, Rxdawg stated in his post, "this is a muscle car" an you would know that if u read it fully! Thats all i was debating you idiot! I could sit here all day and engage your ramblings about whatever but for someone who is supposed to be college educated you'll never get it! Damn, every village has one!

gosh, i said you were right. i just dont get why you have to yell. i mean, it only makes perfect sense that you're right. i guess you just want to drive that home with calling people names and stuff. thats probably for the best, i mean you're clearly the intellectual giant here. kicking out quality content like this just makes me wonder if you aren't up for a pulitzer prize or something.

i mean, you clearly won, why do you now just want people to feel bad? you're so mean.

LOOK IDIOT! YOU STARTED WITH THE RETARD COMMENT OK, AN LIKE I SAID BEFORE YOU JUST DONT GET IT!! TELL U WHAT CONTACT WHATEVER COLLEGE YOU GRADUATED FROM AND GET A REFUND BECAUSE FOR SOMEONE WHO IS SUPPOSED TO BE EDUCATED U SEEM BRAIN DEAD!! ITS NOT ABOUT WINNING OR LOSING, WHERE THE F*#K DID THAT COME FROM? DO U JUST POST MEANINGLESS JIBBER IN HOPES THAT IT MAKES SENSE? WOW, ITS OBVIOUS THAT THERE ARE SOME ISSUES WITH U UNDERSTANDING THE BASICS OF A DISCUSSION OR DEBATE SINCE U DECIDED TO TAKE A LEFT TURN AND START THROWING INSULTS THEN HAVE THE NERVE TO POINT FINGERS! I DONT KNOW WHAT TREE U FELL OUT OF BUT IF YOUR TRULY EDUCATED AND A COLLEGE GRAD YOU'LL KNOW TO STAY OUT OF IT!

LOOK IDIOT! YOU STARTED WITH THE RETARD COMMENT OK, AN LIKE I SAID BEFORE YOU JUST DONT GET IT!! TELL U WHAT CONTACT WHATEVER COLLEGE YOU GRADUATED FROM AND GET A REFUND BECAUSE FOR SOMEONE WHO IS SUPPOSED TO BE EDUCATED U SEEM BRAIN DEAD!! ITS NOT ABOUT WINNING OR LOSING, WHERE THE F*#K DID THAT COME FROM? DO U JUST POST MEANINGLESS JIBBER IN HOPES THAT IT MAKES SENSE? WOW, ITS OBVIOUS THAT THERE ARE SOME ISSUES WITH U UNDERSTANDING THE BASICS OF A DISCUSSION OR DEBATE SINCE U DECIDED TO TAKE A LEFT TURN AND START THROWING INSULTS THEN HAVE THE NERVE TO POINT FINGERS! I DONT KNOW WHAT TREE U FELL OUT OF BUT IF YOUR TRULY EDUCATED AND A COLLEGE GRAD YOU'LL KNOW TO STAY OUT OF IT!

why are you being so mean to me?!

Wow! ... what an exchange.

It does make me want to ask this question:

"What does it take to make a car a Muscle Car?"

For me it is a car with tons of easy power (ie: not having to live high in the RPMs to get the power), a good sound from the exhaust, effortlessly catching 2nd and 3rd gears, and a tough look.

FOR ME, the '11 V6 Stick acomplishes those things EASILY ... and it brakes & handles like a charm too.

It beats my previous 2 V8 Mustangs in every measurable area with the exception of the sound from the 5.0. So for me, if it BEATS my previous Muscle Cars that much, then it too is a Muscle Car by default.

Now I understand the idea that "Muscle Car" for some is a moving target based on the Non-Disputed Muscle Cars of the SAME Year Model ... and if thats what some of you are using as your yard stick in saying the '11 V6 Stick is NOT a Muscle Car, well so be it. We ALL have different taste and Opinions ... Thats why they make Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers. Different Strokes for Different Folks.

I am just VERY interested in knowing what those who don't call the '11 V6 Stick a Muscle Car are using as your guidelines.

Not to pick a fight, just to know for my own curiousity.

And just for the record, I considered the Buick Grand National a Muscle Car ... a "high tech" Muscle Car, but a Muscle Car just the same. Whereas I considered the Mustang SVO as a "high performance" car but NOT a Muscle Car. BUT that said, I never cared to have a Grand National and yet had a deep desire for a Mustang SVO ... where it not for my Father's and Older Brother's cautioning against a Turbo 4 cylinder I would have bought one. And to this day I hold the SVO in higher regard than the GN, so this post is not about "favorites" for me, but about:

"What does it take to make a car a Muscle Car?"

And Why or Why Not you as a member here at the forums would call the new v6 a muscle car or not ...

Thanks,

Let’s keep it civil fellas. Debate if you wish, but keep the blow outs to yourself. Voicing your opinion is one thing, but losing your cool in the process does nothing to substantiate your point.

.....this also goes for those of you who would choose to interact for no other reason than to provoke an antagonistic. :nonono:

Well like i said before, Im not knocking the improvements on the 2011 v-6 mustang! its well documented that the improvements make for a better mustang but i guess like u said and what i should have said at first is that i would consider it more of a performance car rather than a muscle car. When i think of muscle cars i think of a high performance, highly modified or naturally aspirated V-8 that produces high horsepower! Thats my definition of a muscle car, key words "high performance and V-8". Also, musclecarclub.com classifies GTs, Mach 1, and boss mustangs as muscle cars, all V-8.

I believe that the new 2011 v-6 will have their place in the ranks of mustangs but not as a muscle car as defined by the industries standards. Once again Im not knocking them, they are definitely going to make their mark in the mustang world! Thanks for entertaining this discussion and sharing your opinions and views!!

See there !

Another great take on the Muscle Car debate from Wikipedia, and by THAT definition NO Camaro, Challenger or even Mustang EVER has fit the bill as a Muscle Car.

Thanks for the link.

And to the rest of you....keep it coming. I think we all would be interested in your take as well.

I read that same link and right at the top is what they consider to be the definition of a muscle as well as a list of mustang V-8 at the bottom of the page that are consider muscle cars, unless im mistaking and read it wrong. Ive google several websites to get more insight an they all consider high performance, high horsepower V-8 muscle cars! Ive yet to find anyone who list a v-6 in that category. Try musclecarclub.com

I was planning to chime in with my 2 cents on "what makes a Muscle Car?" as I was reading thru this thread, but the post with the wikipedia link beat me to it. I think the banter between those 2 just showed the lack of maturity in BOTH of them, one who couldn't recognize he was being baited and the other who seemed to be entertained by goading the other into further rants.

charged07gt - I could find it easy to agree with your opinion that the '11 V6 is not a muscle car, but if I did I would have to state that your GT is also not a muscle car. A lot of people throw around the term "muscle car" and it means different things to different people, but to those of us who were around when the original muscle cars were rolling out of Detroit the last real muscle car was built in '76, the 455 HO Firebird, and even that is debatable among some people as still being too new to be included in the group while others like to include the 400 c.i. Trans Am up to '79 even though by then they had a very weak 200 HP rating and being a 4000 lb car could barely get out of it's own way, but it was good at spinning it's 225/70 tires off the line. For most of the car brands other than Pontiac, the last year for real muscle cars was '72.

Your stated definition of a muscle car is only your opinion, and is grossly broad in scope while at the same time unreasonably restrictive. You are certainly entitled to your opinion that the new V6 car isn't a muscle car simply because is doesn't have a V8. You're wrong in saying that, but you're still entitled to that opinion. If a person is to accept the idea that any car can be a muscle car regardless of it's model year, or even it's factory original engine then a realistic yardstick to judge it by would be it's performance since that was the defining characteristic of what a muscle car was back in the 60's and 70's. And yes, they were all V8's, but that's because the technology to make 300+ HP (using todays HP rating guidelines) from anything less than a BIG V8 engine and still be drivable on the street simply didn't exist. It took 400 or more gas sucking, smoke blowing, car shaking cubic inches to make that kind of power. 300 HP in todays measuring methods would be very close to 400 HP as it was rated in '71, and if you check it out you'll notice there weren't very many cars with that kind of power even then.

So, to end a rather long winded post I'll simply state my opinion to answer the OP's topic;

No, I don't believe todays performance cars are muscle cars, and thank god they aren't. Muscle cars smelled, rattled, were noisy (not always in a good way), and got terrible gas mileage. Plus, by the time they were just a couple years old needed frequent maintenance and often rusted out badly before they were even 5 years old.

Todays performance cars are just that, cars that perform very well. They are sophisticated, balanced, efficient, and reliable example of modern technology that out do real muscle cars in every aspect (except maybe nostalgic style), regardless of how many cylinders they use to produce their power. They may have muscle, and in some cases a lot of it, but they are not muscle cars, and as I said, thank god they aren't.

That's just my opinion though, feel free to disagree if you like. :flag:

WOW! It is obvious that I am among a nation of v-6 lovers, ok. Ive googled the term muscle car and read several definitions of what a "muscle car" is. (Maybe my google is totally different than everyone elses) While wording appears different in some definitions the common factor in all are that "muscle cars" are all high performance, high horsepower V-8s! Not in one single definition has the v-6 mustang been classified as a "muscle car" A v-6 has never been and never will be classified as a "muscle car"! Thanks for the discussion.

Back to topic, i completly agree. I drove almost the exact same car today (2011 3.7 with 3.31s) and i was more than impressed. After driving it I was amused by the fact that a 23,000 dollar car can eat my buddy's 05' roush convertable for breakfast lunch and dinner. I will be buying one very VERY soon.

After driving it I was amused by the fact that a 23,000 dollar car can eat my buddy's 05' roush convertable for breakfast lunch and dinner. I will be buying one very VERY soon.

Muscle car?...who cares?
Great car?...absolutely!
Able to eat 05+ V8s for breakfast lunch and dinner?...exaggerated.

Rickmaan1 said it very well and I agree with 98% of what he said.

I think my 2008 GT was a bit of a muscle car though. It would only shift into gear when warm and it was notchy feeling always, it backfired on 3 or 4 different occasions from a cold start, the exhaust would drone and it was noisy...reminded me of any old musclecar :D The 2010 GT is more of a sportscar IMO...too refined and too good of a driver to be classified as a "musclecar".

FoFo2Stang, Thanks for the input. For a minute I was beginning think I had dreamed my driving experince in the '11 V6, but thankfully I am not the only one who had a similar time behind the wheel.

And the whole Muscle Car debate is fun. I love the part at the Wiki link that that stated that there is debate whether or not a "Pony" car can be a "Muscle" car. I also love the post by Rickmaan1 as well. I have ridden in a few of those Undistupted Muscle Cars from the 60's and he is right in his charateristics of them, both on the Good and the Bad of them.

But by a lot of tradionalist opinions, even the Pony cars can't be Muscle cars. That goes for back in the 60's even.

So, What do we call these High Performance Mustangs (and Camaros) we have loved for the last 30 years? Pony Car just seems to describe Low Performance models. And Sports Car just doesn't seem to fit either as that resonates more of Miatas, Zs and Corvettes to me, as I personally have always held to the Sports Car definition that requires it to be a 2-seater ... and no matter how small the back seats are, if an adult can fit in them, then its not a 2-seater. And they certainly aren't Hot Rods IMO unless they have been Modified out the whazoo, and this is a discussion about the "From the Factory" form of these cars.

So....

Can someone come up with a NEW name for the High Performance Mustangs, Camaros, Firebird/TransAms, and maybe even Challengers of the last 30 years??

They certainly aren't just Pony Cars anymore with all that power hitting the pavement (regardless of how many cylinders it takes to do it), and for some they are far too sophisticated and refined to be called Muslce Cars, and they certainly are not in the same image catagory as Sports Cars (even if the overall performance profile and quality of the cars are similair).

So I'll just end with this,

WHATEVER catergory my old '91 LX 5.0 Coupe and '04 Gt were in, the new '11 V6 is in as well ... except it ranks higher. And the New 5.0 *must* be the new un-freaking-believable undisputed King of that bunch. (I put special editions like Roushs, Saleens, Shelbys, Henesseys, Etc in another Category altogether)

Thanks,

I dont do fat chicks!

The 2010 GT is more of a sportscar IMO...too refined and too good of a driver to be classified as a "musclecar".

I am inclined to agree with you on this:) and what i got from the wiki is mustangs were only pony cars in the day but terminology today has thinking hp vs model to make a muscle car vs pony. did i say that right? :shrug: sorry just a bad head cold. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.