Suspension 2013 Rim And Tire Size

Discussion in '2010 - 2014 Specific Tech' started by Preston Versaci, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Preston Versaci

Preston Versaci New Member

I wonder if someone could advise me of the biggest tire I could put on my 2013 Mustang that would definitely not rub in any circumstance. Which includes front tires rubbing while turning or going through a dip in the road. etc. I am thinking that a 19" is about the largest rim size. But what would be the offset in 18 or 19 inch that I would keep the same 4 equal rims for tire rotation? And what size tires would go with the rims. I like a deep rim (offset) but don't want bigger tires in the back then front. Want everything the same. Thanks so much
  2. Preston Versaci

Preston Versaci New Member

Can't believe noone knows what tire size goes on a Mustang.
  3. claudermilk

claudermilk Member

Depends on the package. I have 19x9.5 wheels with 255-40R19 Pirelli P Zeroes on my Brembo package car. I don't know off the top of my head what the standard non-Brembo cars have. I'll bet that info is on Ford's site.
  4. SADL-UP

SADL-UP Member

Tire manufacturer, tire width, tire profile, wheel width, wheel diameter, wheel offset and suspension setup are all variables that need definition before your question can be answered. Are you looking for the widest tire, tallest tire or a combination/comprimise of widest-tallest? If you are looking at running a 19"wheel, American Muscle lists a package or two with 19x9.5" wheels and 275/40 tires all around.
  5. scarter302

scarter302 New Member

on my 02 I had FR500 rims 9x18 with 275's in the front and 10x18 with 285's on the rears I'm picking up an '11 thursday, Are you looking for height like 20's or wider rims for more contact patch?