2V to 4V

• Sponsors (?)

The 2V engine is a great engine :shrug: I do not understand all these 2V to 4V swaps lately...

Why not beef up your GT? Do you have a line on a cheap 4V engine or something?

Dude.
If i was you i would invest in a book like Sean Hyland 4.6 builder or some other author that specializes in the 4.6l. Learn as much as you can before you $pend your hard earned money. Remember everyone on the net makes 1000hp!

The 2V engine is a great engine :shrug: I do not understand all these 2V to 4V swaps lately...

Why not beef up your GT? Do you have a line on a cheap 4V engine or something?

Well for starters the 2V is 215-225hp while the 4V is 320hp w/o supercharger. So right off the bat you are down about 100hp, and getting 100hp ain't cheap. You will have to add a power adder and the goodies to a 2V, just to run with a stock
4V.
Then you have to look at a 4V block that can handle 1,000hp and there are some 4V motors that can make well over 700hp with Turbo on a completely stock motor. Try that on a 2V. Anything over 400hp on a stock 2V, and you are running on borrowed time.

So beefing up a 2V to handle the same power a stock 4V can handle, will get pretty expensive....:)

Plus if you look at a 215-225hp 96-98GT with a 320hp motor in it, you are looking at a 100hp difference. And any knowledgeable racer that pulls up besides you and pretty much knows the HP that the 96-98GTs are making and may think they have the spread covered, will be in for a rude awakening...:nice: Just my .02

you dont need the cobra PCM, the 2v works just fine.

you will need the 4v engine harness though and alternator... honestly I think everything else was a direct swap.

and where else was I going to get a new engine be it 2v or 4v with all manley internals, ported heads and hooker headers for 3k?:shrug:

i dunno... seems like a good deal to me:lol:

oh and 600+ rwhp is nice to... now to get the valves in and see what she does!

stock 01 cams and intake mind you!

i have a 4v, and to be honest im kinda dissapointed......not in the performance, but in the fact that it would cost twice as much to get an extra 100hp out of a 4v than it would a 2v....heads alone for a 4v are around $1300-$1600 just for the bare heads....then you need cams.........and a cam kit isnt cheap.........another $1200....and that would only be good for maybe 60-75hp...so there isnt much at all you can do to a 4v w/out spending at least $3k...kinda dissapointing if you ask me:shrug:

yes but look at what a 2v has to spend to get close to a 4v right out of the box. then try to get that extra 100 on top of that N/A.. aint happenin.

My point exactly. Down 100hp is coming by way of a 100hp shot of dope or spend about $3,000+ on a supercharger just to get on the same level playing field. Now you're looking at a supercharged 2V barely keeping up with a stock 4V because without going into the motor on a 2V, your supercharger with a safe tune wtihout breaking stuff, is going to be around the 10lbs of boost range. Turn up the boost and now it's time to upgrade the internals.

And Crispy98Cobra mentioned, "another $1200....and that would only be good for maybe 60-75hp".Hell, on a 2V about $500+ on cams is only going to get you about 20-30hp.

So you're looking at a cammed 2V given it's a 225hp instead of the 215hp, now it's 2V at 255hp vs a cammed 4V at 395hp almost 400hp. So instead of being down 100hp, now you're down about 145hp....:(

You basically created a larger gap between the 2 motors. Any modifications to the 4V is going to further distance itself from the 2V...A CAI on a 2V may get you about 5hp. A CAI on a 4V may get you about 15hp....:nice:

Hell, on a 2V about $500+ on cams is only going to get you about 20-30hp.
on a 2v you can spend $1200 on heads and cams and get 75 more hp where as $1200 will only get you bare 4v heads...........so do that and you are only down 25-30 hp instead of 100 hp you are talking about.......and if you can drive it you can beat a car with 30 hp more than you