3.05 with kenne bell 1.7?

what9612

Apr 11, 2005
Warren, MI
i had 4.10s installed in my automatic last summer. right now my car is at the shop for my kb 1.7 install, and they said they didnt want me to have to pay for a gear again, so they r gonna install a 3.05 from a 93 cobra or something. what do u think of a 3.05..... its going backward from stock even with more power will i be fine?

• Sponsors (?)

we were going to put them back to stock, but since he had that gear layin around he was jus gonna stick that in there and not charge me for it. then if i dont like it then bring it back...... jus go with it or have something different to start with?

3.27's would be the lowest.

You could probaly hit mach-1 in 5th gear with 3.08's, hahaha.

I loved the 3.08s in my stock 96..I could do massive first gear burnouts

with the auto I swear I was almost touchin 100 in second.

it felt like it would pull forever in first and second though..I kinda liked it.

Would the car really be any slower with 3.08s than 3.27s or 3.55s?

the kennebelles make so much damn torque down low..I just dont see how 3.08s gonna make it feel slow.

I was lightin em up at 30-40 mph in my npi in first gear...( I did have some real bad tires, but still)

well i called there earlier and........... he was saying THREE FIVE as in 3.55 not 3.05. I was so relieved when i heard that. But he did also tell me my posi is messed up and i need a new one. Does that sound right for only 27k miles. I did notice some one wheel burnouts tho.

I would try those 3.55's. Especially since your getting a deal. I have 3:73's and first gear is a joke, 2nd can spin the whole way and 3rd is that scratching type traction the whole way. The good part is that it made me a better driver with working the throttle. Otherwise it's just a smokeshow while the other person drives away.