3.73's or 4.10's

• Sponsors (?)

If your car has 2.73's and you want to know what the 3.73's are gonna be like on the highway - just leave a 5 spd. in 4th, or shift the AOD into 3rd. The rpm difference between those gears in the tranny is almost identical to the 2.73 to 3.73 swap. 4.10's are 10% lower - so they'll add 10% to the highway rpm over the 3.73's.

It really depends on what is right for you. So far we don't know if you have an AOD or a 5spd. Is your car a daily driver or weekend car? Will you eventually go with a powerful setup down the line? General cases are easy to pick, but adding up variables can make it a bit more complicated.

Yep...we need more info...to give you a good "guess" on the gear that would be better suited for you overall...if you want our opinion...

373 = daily driver...(auto or 5spd)...

3.90's are nice, had em in the car for most of the summer and loved it. The new trans gears are a different ratio so that made the gears less extreme, which works on nicely with a supercharger in the plans. I would say go with some 3.90's if your planning to stay N/A, if going with some boost, get something a little more friendly so you can really enjoy the boost.

Goldmember said:
I have the 3.27 1st gear 5 speed ratio right now but I will be rebuilding a WC T5 with the 2.95 1st so I'm sort of afraid that I'll have a 1st gear thats way too short. Also I'll be spraying soon and I'll have a blower in the not so near future.

If you'll be using a power adder......3.55 or 3.73

If you live anywhere where you need to take regular long highway trips, forget about the 410s (unless you don't mind cruising at 2300-2400rpm). I had 4.10's in my last fox (91 coupe).. it was a blast on the street, but I hated them on the highway. I have 3.55's now, and as far as I'm concerned this is the best gear to have for a daily driver w/ little or no track time. I can still get to 60 in 2nd gear, and on the highway I cruise at 2000rpm. But then I live in the suburbs and I'm on the highway a lot, I guess it all depends on your surroundings and what you can tolerate.

Usually the different gear ratio kit that you installed in a t-5 have a huge 5th gear. The one i have took my highway RPM at 60 from around 2500 to under 2000....thats an estimate since i dont remember actual numbers, but i know it was a huge difference.

I got the 2.95 1st gear and 4:10s... and I love it. When I got them in, I was like "WOW!"...that lasted like 15 minutes...then I said "I want MORE!".... so if your not gonna do allot of highway driving...I strongly suggest 4:10s at least. The shifts are short but I only really notice it when I get on the gas. Look at my vids... LOL