300hp V6! 30MPG!!!

88stang88

5 Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
St. Louis,MO
I never thought I would see the day that they put a V6 into a new mustang and it makes more HP than the 5.0 in my GT :nonono:

However that is very impressive that they got that much out of a V6 and has the same ratings as the 1st Gen S197 except they get 30MPG!!!

• Sponsors (?)

it will be interesting to see how it responds to mods. I know the current v6s can hit over 300 tq without much done to them besides exhuast, CAI and a tune. does piss you if you think about it.

I think it's amazing, to be honest.

Cudo's to Ford for pushing the envelope a bit further

Hell, if I get beat up by an '11 V6, I'm not complaining, Ford is advancing at a pace right now that would make any Mustang owner proud regardless of what size engine's are doing the work

Go Ford!

I never thought I would see the day that they put a V6 into a new mustang and it makes more HP than the 5.0 in my GT :nonono:

However that is very impressive that they got that much out of a V6 and has the same ratings as the 1st Gen S197 except they get 30MPG!!!

The 305hp from the new 3.7 V6 is indeed impressive but the 30mpg rating is from the automatic version with the 2.73 rear end, so the super-tall gearing certainly helps!

The 305hp from the new 3.7 V6 is indeed impressive but the 30mpg rating is from the automatic version with the 2.73 rear end, so the super-tall gearing certainly helps!

I remember my jaw dropping when the 96 Cobra had 305HP! Guess I'll have to stop calling the V6's "girlie stangs":D. I imagine people will put blowers on these and go out and trample alot of "built cars". Yea, it kind of makes me sick but at the same time, GO MUSTANG, GO FORD!

Yup. Next year my Mustang will have about 18 more hp than a stock 5.0. That kind of sucks, but oh well.

Kurt

It will definitely aggravate you when you think about how much work you have put into it! However it's amazing what Ford has been able to accomplish finally!

Can't wait for future advance's to the new motors...should be interesting

It will definitely aggravate you when you think about how much work you have put into it! However it's amazing what Ford has been able to accomplish finally!

Yeah, and I bet I have more money into my car than a stock Mustang costs too. If not, pretty close to it.

Kurt

I don't mind the work I've put in, it's time well spent in my opinion:) But it kills me to think this V6 has twice the HP and almost as good MPG as my DD 07 Focus! If I wasn't trying to get out of debt, I think I would be making a trip to the dealer to talk about a trade:D

Thats an impressive V6....:nice: Engineering hard at work. I have mixed feelings about this....but in reality I know there are 4 cyclinder cars out there that make more power than I do. At least we are not still stuck in the '70s and '80s, pathetic years for horsepower. My old '89 RS camaro with a 305 V8 made 170hp at the crank...:rlaugh:

Things will only get better (or worse, depending on your perspective). Just wait until electric motors take over.....max torque all the time. There is a guy locally that runs a Datsun with an electric motor and lithium battery pack, its a street driven electric car that puts out 350hp....the car runs low 11's.