331/347 With NOS...Anyone?

• Sponsors (?)

VibrantRedGT said:
Hmm...I have 30# injectors too. I wish I had kept my 42's since my MAF is calibrated for them.

Mike, I have an older model PMS. Does the PMS let you mismatch MAF calibration and injector sizes like the Tweecer?

No you can't do that unfortunaly. If you have a wideband, its possible you could tune it yourself to tune out the mismatch. I would think it would be easier with an 04 PMS since standalone is adjustable unlike the pre 04 PMS where it comes on at 4000 rpm. Troy may be able to explain further.

Rob, a plate kit is a nitrous system that goes in between your upper and lower manifold and the plate has spray bars on it. They are more for guys looking to spray bigger hits and/or not wanting to run n2o through their upper manifold. The B50 is the ford racing sportsmen block.

Yea what Mike said..lol.

Plus NX has a new plate kit that uses perimeter spray technology instead of a spray bar...IE doesn't kill my hp when running motor only. Try for a new kind of fun.

But I do know what 650rwhp @ 3200lbs with my suspension equals in terms of ET...:) :) need some more roll bar work.

Troy

I'm not sure where you guys are getting your info about compression. A friend of mine is running a 496 chevy with 15.5:1 compression and a 300 shot of NOS, no problems. When it gets traction it runs 8.80 all day long. The only problem he has is the oil pump pickup breaking off his motor when it comes down off the willie sometimes (has happened 4 times this year).

Oh and with my 327 and 30# injectors I'm seeing 85% duty cycle.

bayellowstang said:
I'm not sure where you guys are getting your info about compression. A friend of mine is running a 496 chevy with 15.5:1 compression and a 300 shot of NOS, no problems. When it gets traction it runs 8.80 all day long. The only problem he has is the oil pump pickup breaking off his motor when it comes down off the willie sometimes (has happened 4 times this year).

Oh and with my 327 and 30# injectors I'm seeing 85% duty cycle.
LOL. This is in his street car - check that - pump gas street car, right?

I have no hands on experience with a high compression motor, and at this point, I don't care to. I have watched a 13:1 nitrous motor get dyno tuned. Timing becomes absolutely critical when high compression and loads are nitrous are mixed. Small things, such as changes in the weather, need to be taken into account on motors like these.

High compression and lots of nitrous can result is an EXTREMELY fast car if it's tuned and maintained properly. If the tune is off, it would have the same affect as lighting fireworks off at a gas pump.

Joe