331 combo's

valdre331

Dec 6, 2006
hey guys i building a 331, all forged. but right now i wanna who running what with their 331's. try to give heads, cam and intake. and if you know compression. i just wondering what kinda power to expect. mine will run track heat heads, f 303 cam, and track heat intake. compression should be close 10:1. i am hoping for at least 350 hp to the wheels. let me know if i am realistic. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

If your building something like a 331 Stroker Motor, why dont you go with a Custom Grind Cam to maximize all the power you can out of it? Why a Ford Alphabet Cam?

350 to the wheels is definately doable. I have a 331 Stroker with the E cam, Cobra Intake and AFR 185 heads. I know I am losing HP with the cam, but I wanted it emissions legal, didn't want the hastle. I had it dyno'd on a Mustang dyno at 310 to the wheels with the clutch slipping at 4600rpm. Another car dyno'd with the same set up put out 330 to the tires on a mustang dyno. 330 to the tires with ac, No power adder, and passing emissions is good in my book.

Oh and I drive it everyday!

350 to the wheels is definately doable. I have a 331 Stroker with the E cam, Cobra Intake and AFR 185 heads. I know I am losing HP with the cam, but I wanted it emissions legal, didn't want the hastle. I had it dyno'd on a Mustang dyno at 310 to the wheels with the clutch slipping at 4600rpm. Another car dyno'd with the same set up put out 330 to the tires on a mustang dyno. 330 to the tires with ac, No power adder, and passing emissions is good in my book.

Oh and I drive it everyday!

thanks for the info, i choose a f cam, because i wanted to stay street with out problems. i was willing to give up a few hp, to gain drivabilitie. i have had a few combo with high hp. while fun when i am blowing someone doors off, its much to be desire when cruising around.