335s or 315s, help?

5.4ever

Jun 28, 2008
I have a 99 GT vert, I need to get some tires this weekend, Friday, Ill be installing H&Rs SS with Tokico dampers. Will remove lower ISOs I have 18x9 and 18x10 OE Saleens. After the drop, Im heading over to DT to get a new set of tires. I really want some meats in the rear. Im getting one of these;

BFG DRs 315/30/18
BFG KDW 335/30 18
Nitto555R 335/30/18

The 335 KDWs are only if the 10 in. width of the wheel will allow it(which I doubt) If not then I will get one of the other 2. I know the Nittos run slim so theyre about as wide as the DR 315s. Anyone here with these on 18x10s?

Also any problems with my suspension, Q shocks? clearance? exhaust?

I will be rolling my fenders for sure

Any input will help since Im doing this over the weekend, thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks. What I really want are 315s BFGs, but they are like 300 each, and they wear out fast, 5K maybe if Im careful. From what Ive read, the Nittos 335s are as wide as BFGS 315s The Nittos run narrower. Many have done this without a problem, but have not heard anything about a vert? Thanks

295 is not an option. I need either 315s or 335s. I know for a fact that BFGS 315s will fit and theyll look awesome, I just hate the fact that they come with NO thread. They wear out quickly. As for the 335 Nittos, they are just as wide as the BFGs so theyll fit onto the wheel. Im not asking if theyll fit or not, I know they will, I just need to know if Ill run into trouble suspension wise. Will anything need to be moved/modifies? Thanks

go with the 315s. It WILL be unsafe to run 335.
There is a false consensus that Nittos run small, but thats not true of their drag race radials, only their road race ones.

Thanks for the input guys, but I think maybe some arent understanding what Im asking:shrug:

I AM going to put either the 315s or the 335s, Ill get DT to show me both so I can compare. My question is will I have problems with the car, clearance,studs, spacers sort of crap. Thanks for looking out yall:nice:

Thanks for the input guys, but I think maybe some arent understanding what Im asking

I AM going to put either the 315s or the 335s,

We understand what you are asking and we are telling you that you cannot fit a 335 tire onto a 10" wheel. Just like you cannot put the square peg into the triangle hole.

We understand what you are asking and we are telling you that you cannot fit a 335 tire onto a 10" wheel. Just like you cannot put the square peg into the triangle hole.

You just helped me make up my mind :nice: .When I have these put on my 10" wheel, youll have a PM with a few pics for ya!:D:nice::D:nice:

Now that we know what tire is going on my wheels, can someone help me with the rest of my worries? Thanks

Alright...

You need dumps for one, because with a 13.5" (BFG KDWs) sec width, you will hit your tail pipes. you need to remove your quad shocks, so you need to have a good pair of LCA's, and that is a lot of extra weight in tires......

Also, the smallest recommended rim size is 11.5 in. The tire shop said my tires were very hard to install, and mine are only a 1/2" smaller than the recommended rim size.

This is a bad Idea

I've had 335s on my 10.5" wheels before, and the only problem I ran into was the quad shock, which I just unbolted and flipped upside down, problem solved. I had a MAC catback with the 3.5" polished tips, and the tires came REAL close, but never rubbed. I'm not sure about what the 10" rims, but if they can make them fit, that sidewall bulge will be huge like 275s on an 8" rim. They looked right at home on my 10.5s, although I did get a tiny bit of fender rub on severe incline turn-ins.

Alright...

You need dumps for one, because with a 13.5" (BFG KDWs) sec width, you will hit your tail pipes. you need to remove your quad shocks, so you need to have a good pair of LCA's, and that is a lot of extra weight in tires......

Also, the smallest recommended rim size is 11.5 in. The tire shop said my tires were very hard to install, and mine are only a 1/2" smaller than the recommended rim size.

This is a bad Idea

Thanks. I wont be getting the 335 KDWs. Those are wide as hell. The 335 Nittos are narrower, Ive seen them and they are like BFGs 315s. I already have dumps, thats taken care of. I feared removing the Q shocks, Ive heard some people flippin it around?:shrug:
Thanks