345ci Nitrous'd Notchback Progress Thread

• Sponsors (?)

you know your adding weight right lol???? car looks killer man! sorry to hear about all the hiccups but it will all worth it when you get finished.

I WANT ONE OF THOSE FRONT BUMPERS!!!!!

watcha running for a fan / water pump set-up?

HAHA, yea car is gonna be slow now. Realisticly it only added about 30 lbs, and the body shop cut the door bars out so it all evens out.

Im running a stock WP with a FMS 3 core radiator and a dual taurus fan with a derale controller that i got from summit. Other than the relay popping, i have had no issue with the cooling setup.

More pics

Adjusted the exhaust last night, the collectors will get re-welded when we can get them off the car and actually tig them like they should be, and i now the tailpipes are where im pretty happy with them, hopefully they wont rub the tire too much

those are cell phone pics, not bad for what they are, look out for some SLR photos soon.

Edit: as a film guy ive been trying to buy a camera for like 5 years, but this fricken car eats up all of my extra cash :shrug:

the whole exhaust is bassani. It fits pretty good, if i paid 1800 bucks for this exhaust or whatever it is new though, i'd raise some hell, cause it dont fit 1800 bucks new!

Black tails? Hmmm, I never thought of that myself, and it actually works really well on your car. Me likey.

I was pretty skeptical about coating and expensive set of tails cause i wasnt sure if i was going to like it either, but i think polished ones would stand out like a sore thumb on the car

I was pretty skeptical about coating and expensive set of tails cause i wasnt sure if i was going to like it either, but i think polished ones would stand out like a sore thumb on the car

Yea, it's definitely unique, and works well on your car. Fits the theme.

I've actually pondered in the past painting/powdercoating the tails a metallic silver or metallic gunmetal (similar to a lot of OEM painted wheels these days). I think it would be a subtle touch that you wouldn't catch right away, but would be a unique concept.

Yea, it's definitely unique, and works well on your car. Fits the theme.

I've actually pondered in the past painting/powdercoating the tails a metallic silver or metallic gunmetal (similar to a lot of OEM painted wheels these days). I think it would be a subtle touch that you wouldn't catch right away, but would be a unique concept.

That would look good, ive seen it done on intakes, like a clear silver, and i really liked it, my pipes are actually ceramic coated though, done inside and out. I talked to the coater about powdercoating, and he said over time it would crack from heat cycles. Tailpipes are sweet by the way, so much nicer on the street.

Nik, why not clear powerdercoat so they always stay shiney? Or clear ceramic.

Reason being, you could have a slightly different color than plain polished stainless steel, and also have a sort of "glitter" effect(as ghey as that sounds, haha).

Like so:

silver.JPG

Or, you could do it to match a painted wheel, like the center section of Mach 1 wheels (this picture is not of my wheel, just found it on google).

dscn1054fp.jpg

Edited for epic post fail reasons.

Got the slicks mounted, toook it for a ride on the street, dont know why i didnt switch to these earlier. Will be dropping the hammer at Atco next friday with them on the car. Second pic is a good shot from a high quality camera at a work car show and the last is a pic from my blackberry that i thought was cool. Im picking up a Canon T2i camera, so look for some quality pictures and an update on my "10 second" thread with good news hopefully.........