347 stroker questions

dadslx

Nov 11, 2006
hey guys after much thinking im just going to get my bottom end redone right now. i do however have a few questions. mainly will my injectors be ok for a 347 with a stcok top end?. and will i see any improvements in power from just the bottom end work? thanks folks

• Sponsors (?)

specs

sorry basically its stock. 19lbs injector stock cam,intake and heads. 'm redoing the bottom because of some rod knock and figured what the heck since its getting pulled apart anyway why not stroke it. but i'm trying to figure out if thats possiable and would i notice any gains from the kit.

Typically, I would factor in $800 for one of the base kits and then factor in $1000 for machining, give or take.

You will see a gain. You can then add the heads, cam, and intake later and open up the airflow. The 347 will be severly restricted, but if you are going to do a rebuild, might as well do a 347.

I would suggest the 1.175" compression height piston and the 5.315" rod.

Your 19 lb injectors will be fine until you upgrade the heads, cam, and intake.

!!

well im going to add in a mass conversion with 32lbs injectors w/ performer rpm heads and a matched cam. down the road im going to upgrade the intake to most likely a tfs track heat. thanks for the help i will let you know in two weeks when the cars done!!!!

do the stroker. then upgrade as the $$ comes in. if you need a rebuild you mine as well build a good foundation. i remember 5.0 mag did a article several yrs ago with exactly what you are describing and the motor made about 40-45hp more than the worn out stocker (remember you are gaining 45 cubes). all of your stock parts will work fine for it (other than choking the crap out of it, lol).

chp sells a kit for about $800 then add about $450 worth of machine shop work.

doing a stroker

i know it cost money but i just think he would be better add heads, cam, intake before u stroke the motor. i know it cost money im in the middle of doing my car to a bbf 547 cu. i have a billet crank 2500.00, A 460 block 2200.00, A 460 heads2600.00, A 460 intake 620.00, rods 2500.00, pistons 1500.00. also add in all the other things i have not got i will have about 20,000 in just the motor. so i know it cost money Killer50stang

i went the route that you are questioning about, i bought a DSS 347 pro bullet w/ windage tray, 18cc dished pistons (9:1 compression) together with my stock self gasket matched gt40 heads and stock gasket matched cobra intake, lunati cam .500 intake/.510 exhaust and stock 1.7 crane roller rockers. 70mm TB, 80mm Pro-M mass air, 30 lb injectors w/ two fuel pumps because i run a zex 125 dry shot. here's my dyno sheets, my car also weighs with me around 3500+ lbs

this thread may be interesting to you, it compares stock LS1 to a 347 with 302 parts on top.