351 build???

jcw88

Never played w/ it before so i'm still a virgin!
Mar 20, 2007
fernandina, fl
haven't been on in awhile, but to do some catch up, my last post i neede advice on running a gto. to make a long story short he got me hard off the line (nasty wheel spin!!) but passed him in third and about 120-25 he was about 7-8 lengths behind me. my 347 was just starting to wind up it redlines 7800 so i just let off.. but on top of that i have sold it got a really good deal:D i have some questions about building a 351... i want to put it in a 94-95, i have own 4 foxes and now want something different.. where should i start in looking for a 5.8?? i have seen some really good short and long blocks off ebay. i want to tfs wedge heads and victor intake but as far as buying a short block what should i be looking at? can i use any block for efi or do i have to buy a specific year?? all really new and would love any advice offered..
thanx

jason

• Sponsors (?)

If you want to buy a short already done you might as well get that 393 short from FORD, throw on a set of ported TFS heads a Super Vic and a camshaft with around .650 inches and 250* at .050 and look out. As far as building your own only the Lightening 351's from like 94-95 had factory roller compatibility. All the blocks from 72 up are all the same get a retro fit kit if you want to run a roller. The stock block and crank in a 351 are real tough as well as the I beam truck rods I would look for a good set of rods and pistons and re-use the block and crank.