Luca11

Jul 1, 2006
Chicago
Hey Guys got my hands on a 351 block for free, question is there a alot into putting a 351 in the stang and is it worth it or should i just stay with a 302, i am looking for more power then a 302 to can handle and dont want to spend the money only to crack the 302 block!! ADVICE please

• Sponsors (?)

dont know my mechanic still has it in his garage, what year was good? And what should i be looking for

Late 60's to early 70's for strength. But in around 95-97 ford made the 351 a roller motor. I would build the motor on a engine stand and take your time. What will kill you price wise to make a high horse 351+ is heads and intake. Plan on at least $3000 in the top end to make it run right. I'm not saying gt40 or e7 heads wont work but you want a sports car engine not a truck.

My 351 cost me $4500 for all new everything minus block and internals. Be very very careful of the pistons they are cast and DON'T. like boost.... 94's start roller blocks. 69-74 are the strongest blocks.look by where the starter mounts and the year is stamped there on the block,OR see if there is xxx stamped in the valley. Also all 351's are flat tappet till 94. It is easy to convert a non roller to a roller. If your going 351 I suggest no head smaller then a set of AFR 185's.

The 69-70 are a 9.48" deck height, the 71+ are 9.503", 74 was the last year of the thick wall block.... If your staying NA I would go with nothing less then a 200cc head.

If you need any parts or pricing let me know if I can help...