4 - 5 lug conversion??

oldno7

Mar 27, 2010
is this a good cheap conversion

driver's side axle from a 83 to 92 4 cylinder or 3.0L V6 Ranger
pass side axle from a 86 to 97 areostar
full drum set up from one of the axels dr and pr

PSR-8118PSP power slot 87-93 Mustang 5-Lug Slotted And Drilled Front Brake Rotors, Also Fits 1984-86 Mustang Svo

what would my rim option be on that combo

• Sponsors (?)

is this a good cheap conversion

driver's side axle from a 83 to 92 4 cylinder or 3.0L V6 Ranger
pass side axle from a 86 to 97 areostar
full drum set up from one of the axels dr and pr

Will have to be the drums from the ranger / bronco II, the aerostar are 10" drums unless you plan on swapping out the whole brake assy. from the aerostar.

PSR-8118PSP power slot 87-93 Mustang 5-Lug Slotted And Drilled Front Brake Rotors, Also Fits 1984-86 Mustang Svo

what would my rim option be on that combo

If those fit your stock spindles then you will be limited by the hub depth of the front unless you plan on leaving the center cap off the front or all the wheels. As far as factory wheels the 16" ponies and 17" tri-bars used on the 94 GT's will fit with no issues, trying to run any of the newer SN95 wheels, the center caps will not fit on the front.

87_gwe47.jpg

On the rear you will be ok depending how wide a rim/tire combo you choose. All the factory rims are set up for the extra width of the rear disc brakes.

Aftermarket wheels you'll just have to compare to what others have used.

I'm running these on my 87 with the stock spindle in these pictures but as you can see I modified the center cap to fit.

DSCF1128a.jpg
DSCF1127a.jpg