4 cyl t5 bearing retainer??

• Sponsors (?)

Hmm, I stand corrected. I guess I should have researched before I opened my mouth. *lol*
I thought maybe it was the difference between the WC and non-WC T-5's but it has to do with the 3.97 first gear in the 4-cyl boxes. I'm kind of bummed now that I know this since I suspect I need a new bearing retainer for the transmission in my '93.

Hmm, I stand corrected. I guess I should have researched before I opened my mouth. *lol*
I thought maybe it was the difference between the WC and non-WC T-5's but it has to do with the 3.97 first gear in the 4-cyl boxes. I'm kind of bummed now that I know this since I suspect I need a new bearing retainer for the transmission in my '93.
Yup, I found out the hard way by ordering a steel V8 retainer from Summit for my 2.3 T5. Lo and behold it wouldn't go on. I kept it though... sooner or later I'll pull the tranny out of my GT and put it on there.

I think I found a steel retainer for a 2.3 T5 on Advance's website, but it was crazy expensive... like $75-80! I've done some pretty extensive searching on Summit and Jeg's and couldn't find any others.

i did the same thing, bought a steel one for a v8 and it wouldnt work...talking about 75 bucks as expensive, i talked to a friend that is a parts manager at ford and he said that they were discontiued and the only place that they could get them was somewhere called vintage parts...little over 100 bucks!

100 bucks..i couldnt find one for that..i just gave 200 for one this morning but its in the car and shifts perfect so i guess its worth it!! i will prolly still pick up one of those retainers for my other tranny