4 lug Saleen replicas?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not sure if these are the ones you're talking about but I got these through oewheelsdirect.com... I believe their website is down right now but you can still call. They're about $165 a piece which I thought was a good deal on them. Even though they don't look as nice as the five lug I'm extremely happy with mine. Not everyone can afford to do a five lug conversion. One day I'll do that and get some Chrome Roush's or five lug saleens like I really want :) Sorry about the huge pic. Too lazy to resize.

picturesmisc0439ge.jpg

Attachments

• picturesmisc0439ge.jpg
    picturesmisc0439ge.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 91
IMO that car is AMAZING...the wheels are NOT...are they 16's?? They pretty much look like, to me, the 99+ GT deluxe wheels, just with the lugs showing...which is really what ruins them, because personally i really like the newer GT rims..

472790_2_full.jpg

If all you want is the 5-lug rims and don't care about breaks (it's really great to upgrade, trust me!) then you can do a 5-lug axle swap and get cheap replacement 5-lug rotors for the front. I'm not sure if the center caps will fit or not, but there's always ways around that if you wanna stay on the cheap. Otherwise open up the wallet and put some sweet brakes behind 'em :nice: I didn't want to but I'm very glad I did and wouldn't do it any other way ever again.

mansonozz said:
If all you want is the 5-lug rims and don't care about breaks (it's really great to upgrade, trust me!) then you can do a 5-lug axle swap and get cheap replacement 5-lug rotors for the front. I'm not sure if the center caps will fit or not, but there's always ways around that if you wanna stay on the cheap. Otherwise open up the wallet and put some sweet brakes behind 'em :nice: I didn't want to but I'm very glad I did and wouldn't do it any other way ever again.

I know what you mean... I'm not sure how much more money I want to put in my car, but if I was going to go to 5 lug I'd probably end up going with a big brake kit as well, which is huge $$$. I really don't see what's wrong sticking with 4 lug unless I want better brake options :)

Opinion: Depending on the wheel design, the lugs look like ****. It depends on the design of the hub-area of the rim. I always loved my 4-lug Cobra Rs but I do not like the Saleens posted above.

I think the Cobra Rs had spokes that were busier, and it helped draw attention from the lug holes. Other than that, I have no idea. Selective preference, perhaps.

Fact:Others will argue all day that they all suck, but it's all personal opinion and preference. Do what you like and don't let us spend the extra money if you don't want to :rlaugh:

FWIW, I did my '01 Bullitt upgrade *including* new braided lines, axles, spindles, brand new hubs, prop valve/stock valve plug, 3-2 conversion kit, master cylinder, drilled/slotted/zinc rotors for under $1200 total. That included overnight shipping & costs for the damn banjo bolts that didn't come w/my brand new Bullitt calipers, too :rant: 1200 ain't something to sneeze at, but it beats the hell out of $1800, that's for sure!