40 grand to buy the rights to buy a 05 Ford GT

• Sponsors (?)

Thats the right to buy a new Ford GT at the MSRP price... not to just buy one in general. Anyone know what the MSRP is for this car? I cant afford one but still want to know :D

That Dodge motorcycle is a pretty cool idea but with it not being street legal, whats the point in it? :lol: I didnt know they were for sale yet, though it was still a prototype but guess not. Also... how do they expect you to turn? I still havent figured that one out yet.

Well I watched a bike show on Discovery last month and they had one of these. He made turns with it no problem. Main reason it's a 4 wheel bike, weight and turning mostly. The guy riding it was terrified with the power. In fact 1/4 throttle maybe and he was on the brakes hard.

man you couldnt pay me enough to take that up to its top speed. 300mph on a bike. a lil fast for me. i would atleast like a cage. o9r maybe do it with a wire holding me so if the bike goes i will just fly away at 300mph like superman.

stangboy said:
I think you misunderstood. Its $40k just to have the rights to get on the list to pay $150,000+.
No, I did not misunderstand :D. $150k MSP + $40k for the privilege is $190k total. There ARE people in line right now with bids as high as $500k (yes, you read that right). $500k - $190k is a big difference.

Personally, I would happily pay $100k for a GT, if my budget allowed for it.

Dave

HairyCanary said:
No, I did not misunderstand :D. $150k MSP + $40k for the privilege is $190k total. There ARE people in line right now with bids as high as $500k (yes, you read that right). $500k - $190k is a big difference.

Personally, I would happily pay $100k for a GT, if my budget allowed for it.

Dave
ahhh give me the $80k Viper SRT-10 anyday.....performance numbers are almost dead on for both (and the Viper is a Vert wait till the coupe is released) and i saved $70 grand!.....

Anthony

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
ahhh give me the $80k Viper SRT-10 anyday.....performance numbers are almost dead on for both (and the Viper is a Vert wait till the coupe is released) and i saved $70 grand!.....

Anthony

From what i understand, the GT car will out run/handle pretty much any production car on a road race track. It was designed to dominate in europe.

yellow1995Cobra said:
From what i understand, the GT car will out run/handle pretty much any production car on a road race track. It was designed to dominate in europe.
well just look at the numbers Motortrend got comparing the 2 cars....REAL close....and then take into consideration the Viper is a vert....the Viper coupe will be more aerodynamic and lighter!

Anthony

But the Viper is a Dodge :p

Personally I consider the two cars in entirely different classes. The Viper is a damn fast car. The GT is an exotic supercar. Vipers will turn heads, but the GT will break necks :D.

Dave