400HP and "STREETABLE" please help

Fivepointo92gt

Jan 8, 2010
Here's exactly what I want to do. I have a 92 GT and I pretty much just want a street driven weekend fun car, maybe once once a year see a track, if that. I want it to be fast but very "streetable". I would like to see around 400rwhp with a stock bottom end. I plan on getting the trick flow top end kit rated at 350 flywheel hp. I want the street burner intake rather than the track, with of course the stage 1 cam and the twisted wedge heads with 1.6 rocker arms. Along with those mods I plan on having an accufab 75mm throttle body with spacer, pmas 80mm mass air sensor, bbk 1 5/8" equal length headers, h pipe, not sure which mufflers yet, 42# injectors, 3.73 gears or 3.55's (your opinion on either with my setup), new radiator, new clutch, tremmec transmission, msd ignition, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, and a vortech v1 or v3 supercharger with 5-6psi or 8-10psi, whichever will get me to my intended goal, along with getting this all tuned of course. For the suspension I was thinking of a nice rear sway bar, sub frame connectors, and probably upper/lower control arms. Do you think with all of that I'd be about my hp range along with good traction? Let me know if you think this combo sounds good and "streetable" and legal of course. I appreciate any input.

• Sponsors (?)

All of that sounds okay but if you use the supercharger only run 5-6psi and the trickflow engine kit sounds good and will get you closer to your goal.And go with the 3.73 gears because they will give you the take off power you want without over revving the motor and for mufflers get the flowmaster 40 series deltaflow bcause they will give you a good muscle car sound without being too loud. Remember if you go with the supercharger plus the trickflow kit do not run over 5-6psi on your stock block.

JKA, what kind of rwhp do you think I'd have with 6psi? I don't neccesarily have to be at 400, anywhere close to it while playing it safe is where I want to be. You think the sub frame connectors, good sway bar and control arms would be sufficient enough for good traction?

Well if you use the trickflow kit and all the bolt ons such as underdrive pulleys headers bigger maf meter plus a nice cold air kit and like a 70-75mm throttle body and the right size injectors for your combo you should make close to 400 without the supercharger. Think about it the kit is rated at 350hp and if you have all the bolt ons and plus add flowmasters and 3.73 gears that should be close to the horsepower you want without using the supercharger. But if you want to use the trickflow kit plus the blower at 6psi you have maybe about 420hp. But if you don't use the blower you will still be close to 400hp if you use the right parts.

That trick flow kit is 350hp at the flywheel. I can't see how I can get 400rwhp with just bolt ons like that and exhaust. It wouldn't be a very likeable street car and would take some major heads. With that kit and forced air induction, I can't see how I wouldn't be around 400rwhp. I just need to find out exactly how much boost I need to run to meet my goal, and if that trick flow kit will help me get there.

IF you run the trickflow kit plus the supercharger at 5-6psi and all the bolt ons i was talking about you should have more than 400hp if you run everything we talked about you should have about 420hp to the wheels. BUt i would just run the trickflow kit to be on the safe side using the stock block because the kit is 350hp at the flywheel plus if you use the bolt ons plus the 3.73 gears it will feel like close to 400 hp and it will be very streetable. If you use the blower you will have more than the power you need but be careful not to run over 5-6psi on the stock block.

I ran the very setup your talking about in a 93LX hatch with a Vortech A-trim. With 5psi of boost I made 392rwhp and 387rwtq(dynojet numbers untuned). I also ran full Mac exhaust. This car was my daily driver until it died, but it was alot of fun to drive. I would have liked to upgraded the blower on that car for a more efficient S-trim or something but it was fun.

Why not build a 347 and have have everything forged for a supercharger and wait to put the supercharger on? You will get fairly close to 400rwhp all motor on a well built/tuned 347 with AFR heads.