460 in a fox?

umstang

Apr 12, 2004
Ok so here's the deal. I'm consider selling my 87 GT for a 98' Kawasaki ZX7R Ninja. But I also wouldn't mind keeping my car, parting it out, and dropping in a 460 and C4. Has anyone else done this or have any pictures. Would I have to do anything to my engine bay to make that motor fit. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

basically the only tranny you would be able to use is a c6 and it is a way better tranny anyway if you want it to stay together. that was i believe the only auto tranny that was offered with a 460 and you would have to get a big block c6. there should not be any engine bay mods, but i have never done or seen this up close.

the guy who hadmy car before me had a 460 bored to 514 with a c6 and a ford 9in. The reason he took it out and sold it was because the car was soo nose heavy that it was dangerous to drive on the street. It would nose dive and forget about any kind of evasive manuevers. He did say it was fast as hell though!!

A C4 can handle the power a 460 can dish out if built properly. A C6 will do it in near stock form, but sucks up a good amount of horses.

Check out www.bigblockfox.com for more info.

I have a 460 in my 79 now. Still needs some finishing touches. Biggest problem is the traction. Tight fit, but once it is in it looks like it belongs there. Major downside is the weight, but it can be worked around.

They say the 460 has very similar dimensions to the modular 4.6. I haven't seen too many pics of 460's in a 79-93 fox but have seen what the 4.6 looks like in there and it's a pretty tight fit. All in all, a 460 c.i. + Foxbody(79-93) = BADASS

Its really not that hard to do and I have almost everything to do it except I keep spending money on the small block combo. If your in the illinois region I could sell it all to you really cheap. Its got D0VE-C heads and the block is only 30 over. In any case, hell yeah you can make those motors run.