4cyl to v8 motor mounts

lit_mike_2001

Jan 25, 2003
Ada, OK
well im about to ready to put my 302 in mustang and see a problem. the 4cyl uses these towers to mount the engine ( the ones where the bolt runs horizontally with the car) and actually have a nut welded on the back of them to ease the installation. ANYWAYS do i have to get a new type of towers to bolt in my 302? or do i just get rid of the towers and bolt it strait to the frame? :shrug:

i hope that makes sense, if not just let me know and ill try to do a better job

• Sponsors (?)

Pull the lower mounts and bolt it in. Make sure you have the correct mounts for the 302 before you drop it in all the way. I think there are 2 types. Someone else might be able to help here. I've only done it twice.

When you go to the parts store and get the mounts, ask for '93 GT V8 Convertible mounts.....they're tougher than LX and GT mounts. I'd personally recommend solid mounts but that might be more than you're into getting. There's nothing like revving your engine and the whole car jerks instead of just the motor....and it'll feel like it's puting down more power because you lose some torque to the twisting of the motor.

85_SS_302_Coupe said:
When you go to the parts store and get the mounts, ask for '93 GT V8 Convertible mounts.....they're tougher than LX and GT mounts. I'd personally recommend solid mounts but that might be more than you're into getting. There's nothing like revving your engine and the whole car jerks instead of just the motor....and it'll feel like it's puting down more power because you lose some torque to the twisting of the motor.

ditto

The motor was in a f150 will these mounts work?

also im going to be running a C4 and was wanting to know about the driveshaft. from what i understand i can use the driveshaft out of any fox body with a 302, but was wondering what it would take to get my 4 cyl driveshaft to work. can i just cut part of the yolk off or would i have to cut it in half to get it to work right.

one last thing, the cross member, how hard is it to modify a A4LD crossmember to accept a C4?

thanks, hopefully ill be burnin rubber soon :D