4eye nose

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

There are some things I did to my 68 Coupe that everyone told me not to do. I was told to sell it and buy what I really wanted, but I couldn't afford it, and I also had a huge sentimental connection to my car. In the end I built it how I wanted it, and looking back I wouldn't change a thing. I love it and I'm happy with my choices every time I drive my car.

Looking on his progress thread, I really don't think he would do half ass work on the swap. So far all his work indicates that he takes pride in his work and I believe that if he does the swap, it will look nice and well done. I honestly don't think he's going to butcher it.

But in the end my opinion doesn't matter, and neither does any else except for his. If it makes him happy then I say "Do it!" I was in the same place once and I'm glad I did want I wanted instead of what everyone else wanted me to do.

He didn't ask everyone whether or not he should do the swap, he simply asked for help in identifying the noses.

1SickFox i'm not makeing a clone 4eyed all i want is the 4 eyed front end look. like i said if i could find a good rust free coupe 4eyed rollor or non roller then yes i would ****** it up for the right price and swap all my stuff over. there is tons of stuff done to my coupe the only stock parts are the int and body everything else is modded! also just cause there are guy's out there that micky mouse's stuff together dosent mean everyone does,and i definitly dont fall into that catagory. the parts i have i'm only into a total of $100 then i need 4 headlights 2 turn signal covers and 2 side marker covers and maybe the lights. i have the bumper for behind the skin the fog lights the wireing harness already from a 4 eye rollor i picked up about 2 years ago that once i figured out it was a rust bucket i resold it after removing these parts and made my money back. so when i sell headlights i figure it will pay for the nose purchase. and IF i swap rear 1/4 windows i figure i could sell my stock perfect rear 1/4 windows for the same cost or more then what 4 eyed ones will cost. as far as me turning the wrench or getting my hands dirty... who G.A.S! I'm not affriad to get my hands dirty i do everyday for a living,and the time invested......big deal atleast when i get compliments and "wow's" "holy ****'s man" "excellent job" and then they say who did the work? i can hold my head high and say i did! unlike alot of people all they can say is oh so and so shop did. to me if a guy can build and wrench on his car and look every bit as good as a shop or not, just to know he did it and no shop did is a HUGE + in my book!
Darkwriter77 if it was a notch and you were closer then i would!
68stang351 you say looking on my progress thread? do you mean my 351 build one? and well put i'm not a hack up man i do good work and usually ask a ton of questions (stupid and pointless to some) and look at tons of pics for ideas. but my work comes out good in the end!
Aaron trust me it wont be a hack job
NikwoaC already have the lights from a 85 GT.peace

john:p

Who ever said that EVERYTHING has to be four eye specs, (#1) like the quarter windows, taillights, spoiler, mirrors, doors and the interior. I agree on the side moldings and rear bumper. But it seems like you just threw in those other things (#2)to prove a stupid point. The guys point is to make his car (aero) with a four eye front end. I think it would be cooler to convert the car with only the small body mods cause you will think its a four eye but then you will really find out that its originally an aero car by leaving the interior and mirrors and stuff like that.

(#3)I think your "lesson" is pointless because its his car and hes gonna do what ever he feels he wants to do to it.

View attachment 280222

First of all, who invited you here? Your doing nothing helpful, your only criticizing me. You obviously have no knowledge about this subject. I'm going to call you out bc my post offered this guy help from making a idiototic mistake.

#1 - I like this one.... Who ever mentioned that he needed the 1/4 windows and sails? Well if you actually read this thread you would probably realize that in the very first post the CREATOR of this thread mentioned that he wanted to put in the older '79-86 sail windows. So, well yah, that pretty much sums that 1 up. NEXT

also i have a coupe and could i put 82-86 rear 1/4 windows in mine?

#2 - If you think that the "point" i was proving was "stupid." Maybe you should start investing your time in another make or brand of vehicle. Bc the point i was proving was 100% spot on my pal. But again, thats my opinion.

#3 - I think your and "idiot" bc once again you fail to read the posts. And bc of that, i'll repost what i wrote in my very first post!

Now, you can do whatever you like with your Mustang.

The lesson learned today? Don't listen to this "MAC'n89Blckstng" bc he obviously offers no help.

Yup - do whatever you want with it, but don't complain when you want to sell it and nobody wants it because it's all hacked up and incomplete. :nice:

Looks like you'll be keeping it until you listen to what a majority of us are saying.

Thank god some1 on this site has a little bit of common sense.

He didn't ask everyone whether or not he should do the swap, he simply asked for help in identifying the noses.

I understand this. But when your next to a guy standing next to a cliff side about to jump off and he says, "Here hold my coat for me will yah?" Doesn't it kinda cross through your head that you should probably help him not make a mistake and not worry about his coat?

Status
Not open for further replies.