5.0 coupe or 5.0 GT hatch- please vote

Please pick one,.. 5.0 coupe or 5.0 GT hatch

• 87-93 5.0 coupe

Votes: 135 61.9%
  • 87-93 5.0 GT hatch

Votes: 83 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

I've owned a 1990 5.0 LX hatch for the past 3 years and I believe the notch is the best simply for the fact the car's chassis is stiffer and I think lighter than a hatchback. You also have less expenses on a notch (trunk) than on a hatch in terms of having to replace those wornout hatch support pistons that always seem to be going out :(

In fact, with the hatch closed, there's really not that much room in the back for anything as you have to be careful that upon closing the hatch you don't break the glass. You don't have this problem with a trunk.

PonyBoy90 said:
In fact, with the hatch closed, there's really not that much room in the back for anything as you have to be careful that upon closing the hatch you don't break the glass. You don't have this problem with a trunk.

fold those back seats down in a hatch and you have tons of room, i've put ply wood in the back (not huge peices) but try and do that with a trunk

ImportEater98 said:
Gotta love the notchbacks......the hatches are everywhere...but how often do you see a nice clean notch (and 8 cylinder to boot!) driving around? I think the trunk cars have a sinister, plain-jane, sleeper look to them.
While i'm on the subject....anyone else get peeved when people put wings on coupes??? Man....way to ruin a notch!
Just my $0.02
-John

i almost puked the other day when i saw a clean notch with neons and a HUGE aluminum wing :nonono: :nonono: ......stuff like that just makes me sick :mad:

you got to go with the coupe. They are far less rattles then a hatch. The are much strong in the rear, because you only have a trunk that opens and not the whole hatch area.

My first car was a Coupe. My second was a hatch. Only because I had a coupe all ready. tell you right now, My 3rd will be a coupe again. I felt it was much stiffer then the hacth is.

I love coupes but I also like LX Hatches. I don't particularly like GTs though, the body kit looks too 80s for me. I used to think hatches looked better but once I got into the 5.0 scene I started to like coupes. Never owned one but I've ridden in some. Personally my hatch doesn't rattle but I have subframe connectors.

I've got a red 93 coupe I'm thinking about selling. It's got 75,000 miles on the 5.0 and the same for the rear end, and about 30,000 on the clutch and rebuilt T-5. The reason for less miles on the T-5 and clutch is that it used to be a 4 banger and the doner car was a 93 Auto... so the T-5 was sourced and rebuilt.

Any of you Coupe lovers interested? Send me a PM for more info.

Main thing about the hatch is someone can smash your back glass and steal whats inside quick. The trunk is much more secure. My lock cylinder is shaved too, so they will have problems getting in mine. Funny how all the hatches are gone now. When did they stop making them, 94? I never really cared for the hatch, and would not have bought one.

BlackDrop50 said:
I love coupes but I also like LX Hatches. I don't particularly like GTs though, the body kit looks too 80s for me. I used to think hatches looked better but once I got into the 5.0 scene I started to like coupes. Never owned one but I've ridden in some. Personally my hatch doesn't rattle but I have subframe connectors.

Yea mine rattles a lot it sucks. But I have grown to ignore it. But I have subframes strut tower and a 2 point lower brace and it still rattles.