5.0 haters.. 5.0 reputation

• Sponsors (?)

Show me a car that you can modify and get amazing results for cheaper than what you can do with a Mustang.

They are simple to work on.

There is an absolutley HUGE aftermarket, more than any other car out there.

With the right combo of suspension/power upgrades, they will walk anything and for cheaper.

They are incredibly light (and nimble) when set up right.

While the styling cues may not be everyones taste, they certainly look a lot better than Camaros (my opinion) and they don't have the stigma of being a "Gino" car.

Show me a stock car that is as fun to drive as a 5 speed, stock fox in comparable years and pricing.

A stock fox doing low 14s in the quarter is still faster than 90% of the import cars out there. Price of a stock fox that does 14s in decent shape? 5k. Price of a Mazda Speed6 that does 14s? 30k +.

I dunno...what else do you want.

Yep. Well said. An the fox to be honest, especially lx notch is king when it comes to walkin other cars. sn95's like mine are too heavy for the 5.0 engine. You ca n feel that when you drive one.

Cobras are nice, Mach's, very cool, Bullits love them ( sold mine to get my Fox) but there is something about the Fox that I will always love!! I was in high school when the 86GT came out. A teacher bought one and when I saw it in the parking lot it was love at first sight. Since then I have owned 4 Foxes and 1 new edge (along with numerous 67-69 Camaros,Chevelles and a 65 Nova). I always seen to come back to the Fox.

These threads are just as irritating as "ya but I can take my mustang and add 10,000 worth of parts and make it a 10 second car, plus the 5000 I paid for it and I'm way ahead of a ________, mustangs are teh rulezor"

I live, eat and breath mustangs. When I'm not on here I'm reading about them, I'm reading them in a magazine, reading tech articles on **** I'll never install. I'll draw them, drive my girlfriend nuts about talking about them. I've been this way since I was about eight.

The plain facts are, althought I admire them, foxes in particular....every car has its place in both the performance world and as just a car to boot around in. I dont mind hondas, acuras, subies, chevy's I like them all, provided they are tastefully done, no different than any Mustang, even though I'm partial.

Let the debates go, its silly.

Take the LX 5.0 notch for example. Its really the perfect race car. It runs approx 14.5 in the quarter with a good driver, prob better with a real good driver. That's stock. Throw in a set of gears and slicks and its in mid 13's-13.0 because it is a v8with awesome TQ. Then do a h/c/i to get it up to todays flowing standards and you could prob hit 11's! And like the guys said here, it would cost you a lot less than them thar imports.

PLUS side is that the lx notch is on its way UP in value at this point!!

These threads are just as irritating as "ya but I can take my mustang and add 10,000 worth of parts and make it a 10 second car, plus the 5000 I paid for it and I'm way ahead of a ________, mustangs are teh rulezor"

I live, eat and breath mustangs. When I'm not on here I'm reading about them, I'm reading them in a magazine, reading tech articles on **** I'll never install. I'll draw them, drive my girlfriend nuts about talking about them. I've been this way since I was about eight.

The plain facts are, althought I admire them, foxes in particular....every car has its place in both the performance world and as just a car to boot around in. I dont mind hondas, acuras, subies, chevy's I like them all, provided they are tastefully done, no different than any Mustang, even though I'm partial.

Let the debates go, its silly.

Very well said :nice: I agree 100%. Although I have 2 classic Mustangs and a Fox in my garage, I can appreciate just about any car that exudes craftsmanship and thought.

A good friend of mine has a 93 Rx-7 with an LT-1 under the hood. The engineering, creativity, and craftsmanship that have gone into that car are simply amazing.

I've seen just as many tasteless Mustangs as tasteless ricers rolling around. For me it's all about well thought out and tasteful mods to make the most of a given platform, whether it be a Fox 'stang or a Civic.

Take the LX 5.0 notch for example. Its really the perfect race car. It runs approx 14.5 in the quarter with a good driver, prob better with a real good driver. That's stock. Throw in a set of gears and slicks and its in mid 13's-13.0 because it is a v8with awesome TQ. Then do a h/c/i to get it up to todays flowing standards and you could prob hit 11's! And like the guys said here, it would cost you a lot less than them thar imports.

PLUS side is that the lx notch is on its way UP in value at this point!!

My LX notch with some weight reduction, X-pipe, headers, cold air intake, pulleys and electric fan ran [email protected]... I had the 2:73 gearing and still had traction problems like a 2.7 60footer... So 13's would have been more than possible with a pretty much stock notch. Also the engine was very tired, no oil pressure and burning almost as much oil + coolant as it did fuel :lol: It's in the 12's with just C9 heads, Cobra intake, and a few other mods.

They are easy and cheap to make fast, but because of that you guys think everyone should build the SAME car to run at the track? This is the kind of thinking that I don't agree with. Just because it might be a good platform doesn't mean everyone should have to use it. How boring would that be?

With that said I know all about what it takes to run timselips. I have had my hands on everything from 7 second famous race cars, to 14 second stockers... but I can appreciate if someone wants to go a different route.

My LX notch with some weight reduction, X-pipe, headers, cold air intake, pulleys and electric fan ran [email protected]... I had the 2:73 gearing and still had traction problems like a 2.7 60footer... So 13's would have been more than possible with a pretty much stock notch. Also the engine was very tired, no oil pressure and burning almost as much oil + coolant as it did fuel :lol: It's in the 12's with just C9 heads, Cobra intake, and a few other mods.

Man that is awesome example. Just keep the car!! It is becoming a classic! Yo u will regret it if you sell it!

The other day I saw a guy riding a bicycle on the sidewalk and it was everything I could do to refrain from yelling, "DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST TO MAKE THAT THING RUN 13s?!"

Then I realized there is something wrong with me........what ever happened to "Mustangs Anonymous"? :scratch:

They are easy and cheap to make fast, but because of that you guys think everyone should build the SAME car to run at the track? This is the kind of thinking that I don't agree with. Just because it might be a good platform doesn't mean everyone should have to use it. How boring would that be?

With that said I know all about what it takes to run timselips. I have had my hands on everything from 7 second famous race cars, to 14 second stockers... but I can appreciate if someone wants to go a different route.

DING DING DING!!!!

FWIW, a bolt-on K20A in a 1992-1995 Civic hatchback can go 11s with boltons and stock bottom end. Food for thought.