5.0M/SF tests the Trick Flow intake

Hmm, only thing I dont like is that your peak torque will go down...and thats where my car gets full boost...around 4K. So a loss from 3300 or so will hurt that slightly. BUT im pretty sure that it would send my car to 500RWHP...but my enegine probably doesnt like me as it is :rlaugh: . So no go for me...maybe when I forge the engine and get a retune.

And IMO, if a return ist required, its probably not doing a whole lot :shrug: (BTW some of that gane may be from it leaning up the rich stock A/F...but since no grapgh is presented, I cant say for sure)

• Sponsors (?)

Hell yea. Imagine that manifold combined with a good upper plenum, 75mm TB, JLT Intake, and a free flowing exhaust. That would be freakin sweet and a cam on top of that would mean the car would breathe EXTREMELY WELL. Those numbers from an intake alone on a otherwise stock GT are very nice and it wasnt like some of the other intakes which were either tested on heavily modded N/A or S/C applications.

I believe a TB for it would be a dual TB design, not a 75mm:p

Hmm, only thing I dont like is that your peak torque will go down...and thats where my car gets full boost...around 4K. So a loss from 3300 or so will hurt that slightly.

But you get more below and above that point. And that measn more average power available. How much time do you spend in that small power window vs the rest of the power range? Not much. I bet it would be faster despite giving up a little peak torque.

Hmm, only thing I dont like is that your peak torque will go down...and thats where my car gets full boost...around 4K. So a loss from 3300 or so will hurt that slightly. BUT im pretty sure that it would send my car to 500RWHP...but my enegine probably doesnt like me as it is :rlaugh: . So no go for me...maybe when I forge the engine and get a retune.

And IMO, if a return ist required, its probably not doing a whole lot :shrug: (BTW some of that gane may be from it leaning up the rich stock A/F...but since no grapgh is presented, I cant say for sure)

actually it would be good for you to get, then you could turn the boost down... less boost = less heat, less heat = more reliable...

I plotted it for you folks. Makes power after 4400rpm. Pretty good really. Hope the dyno numbers aren't fudged. I will be buying one if not. Will the steeda strut brace clear it i wonder?

attachment.php

Isn't this graph (well done) mis-labeled or am I getting really f'ing old?
Looks to me like the Power is supposed to be the thin lines from your labeling and yet, the fat lines on the graph look like the power curve to me!

WTF???

Isn't this graph (well done) mis-labeled or am I getting really f'ing old?
Looks to me like the Power is supposed to be the thin lines from your labeling and yet, the fat lines on the graph look like the power curve to me!

WTF???

Damn. Busted!:) I wasnt paying much attention when I rattled that one off.

I was thinking - the only downside this thing might have is heat. I could actually get a lot hotter than the stock plastic intake. Theres a chance it may perform worse than stock below 4500 when hot. Someone needs to do a hot vs cold dyno test when they get it - do the before vs after, then rip it up for 20 mins and do another dyno right away.