5-Lug, 10th anniversary wheels, and a fox body chassis

Drift-GT

Aug 9, 2002
Freakmont, CA
I know what you’re all thinking, “oh boy another 5-lug question, why don’t you use the stupid search button!!”. Well I think I have figured it out but I found a couple of posts that have made me wonder so I was hoping someone who has put the 10th anniversary wheels on there fox body can chime in here.

From the posts, and websites I have been reading say that if you run a 9” wide wheel you need to run the 1994-1995 spindles/hubs, and stock fox body length rear axles. This is so you don’t have any problems with fender clearance. But then I was reading in another post that the 10th anny wheels have a special offset like the 17x9 cobra R wheels do to compensate for the 9” width.

Who has run these wheels and what conversion style did you use? Thanks for all your help in advance I am just trying to get a solid game plan together before I start buying parts.

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I have the 03 cobras on mine (same offset and backspacing as the 10th anniversary wheels)

i ran the 94-95 spindles up front, and they just barely sit flush with the front fenders. and i also have the 95 track width with 95 length axles, and they clear as long as you roll the inner fender lip.

my car also sit lower due to C springs, but they will work with minor clearancing in the rear.

I've been researching what I need for my 5 lug swap, this website will answer most questions: http://www.svo73mm.cjb.net/
The FX track refers to the 79 to 93 Mustang track width, overall rear end width, which is 59.5 inches. A lot of people get all the parts from a 94 to 98 which is SN95 track which is 61 inches. The ¾ inch per side makes all the difference in the world when choosing wheels.

I used the 95 front spindle and brakes with a drum 5 lug out back from a ranger. The backspacing on the 03/04 ccobra rim is 6.42inch. It may have an offset but Im not positve. Slight rubbing up front with any 9 inch rim is expected. Rack limiters will help with the front rub issue. In the back every car is different, fender rolling was not a problem on my car but rubbing on the inside wheel well was. Large hammer and some hefty thumps did the trick. Sometimes all of the information in the world isnt worth a dime compared to just getting it done. The above metion link is to a very good website. It is the one I refered to for all of the help I needed to complete the swap.

Lets see if this works

p2270007rb0.th.jpg
p2270009yv0.th.jpg

Attachments

• p2270007rb0.th.jpg
    p2270007rb0.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 132
  • p2270009yv0.th.jpg
    p2270009yv0.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 160
I used the 95 front spindle and brakes with a drum 5 lug out back from a ranger. The backspacing on the 03/04 ccobra rim is 6.42inch. It may have an offset but Im not positve. Slight rubbing up front with any 9 inch rim is expected. Rack limiters will help with the front rub issue. In the back every car is different, fender rolling was not a problem on my car but rubbing on the inside wheel well was. Large hammer and some hefty thumps did the trick. Sometimes all of the information in the world isnt worth a dime compared to just getting it done. The above metion link is to a very good website. It is the one I refered to for all of the help I needed to complete the swap.

6.42" of Backspacing on a 9" Wheel is exactly what Ford calls for on a Fox with 94-98 Axles and rear discs.

Kumm3, thans for the pic don't suppose you have a pic of the side view from the front showing how much the front wheel comes out with the 94-95 spindles? What size tire are you running?

Thanks again guys for all your help.

When looking at the front, keep in mind Drift-GT, Kumm has an 89. If you have a newer 90+ you probably have larger front fenders that Ford put on for the pony wheels. Itll help cover up an extra 1/2 - 3/4" of tire

While that does nothing for the back i think it already looks pretty mean :nice:

From the pic it looks as if the front and rear tires stick out. I have the 275/40/17 on all four corners and my tires tuck underneath the wheel well. Tire manufacturer has alot to do with the way the look. Every car is different. It does look good but different than mine. By the way is your car lowered?? That may have something to do with its look.

yes, its lowered with C springs.

for some reason, the angles make it look like it sticks out a lot further than it actually does. they pretty much sit flush with the fenders.

Plus, i have rear disc from a 95 out back, where as you have drum, so your track width is 3/4" narrower per side than mine.

this thread is from 2007, but i was wondering if there is anyone these days that could chime in. im trying to gather as much info on this subject as possible through searches and emails because my 5 lug conver. is on hold till i know more about this setup. so far what ive gathered is that it will work, but how well depends on your car. is seems that steering limiters, flipped quads and rolled fenders are common, but theres not much on lowering. so hopefully theres someone who has done this recently. any info would be appreciated. if you dont want to post then please send me a pm with your setup. thanks.