500 rwhp??

is the sportsman block you referenced made by world products?
if so..........you are quite safe going past the 500HP mark, and a little beyond with world product block, for they have beefed up all the critical areas known for stress failure.
my world products sportsman block is safely handleing 445rwhp off the juice, and on the juice 692rwhp for 3 seasons

• Sponsors (?)

331stroker, I was about to get the same exact turbo kit.. I just realized for a street car that rarely sees the track, im not going to put use to all that power, unless im on a open freeway by myself at 3 in the morning running from the police.. lol .. But i too was going to have that turbo kit.. Awesome kit.. I direct anyone who askes about a turbo kit to just got to HP performance.. I was kind of worried about cutting into my 93 cobra... Even though i blew the engine, i wanted to do no cutting if any just a tad of cutting.. How much did u have to cut to get that kit to work in ur passenger fender? How much did it the Stage II cost you? I think there were pricing me around 5k ?? I believe that was the number..

Everyone, I have a sportsman block from world products, all forged internals, everything balanced, coated bearings, srs light weight pistons 8.8:1 compresion ,builder even coated the top of my pistons, main girlde, the works...

This is going to be a daily driven car, but I believe w/ the right wieght reduction, the right traction/slicks I should be able to hit high 10's... My goal with this car is to be mid to low 11's, 10's is a bonus..

I have 42# injectors, should i not run the FMU with these injectors? I thought the FMU is a fuel management unit ? is that incorrect? Why is it that I would be able to ditch the FMU with the 72# ?? 72# sounds like too much for me..

I think the cam that im running right now, those specs that I listed are well off for me.. THE AFM b-31 cam specs are .544/.554 @ 112 .. My cam exhaust lift is the same, w/ the same lobe seperation.. Should be fine I believe.. That cam used to pull hard at 3k in my 302.. I had these specs on my 302 .527/.544 and my car was a slug on the low end but pulled hard at the top.. I think that cam should be fine..

So tell me guys, in order to up my boost Im going to need to ditch my FMU, get a PMS and get a bigger blow off valve? does that sound right? Well of course with the bigger set of pullies... Has anyone heard about the upgrade sq unit to the T trim unit thats a v2 ??

Rick, what do you have ?? I dont see anything in the sig...

Whats everyone running for there exhaust?? Anyone using SPintech?

sirsureshot39 said:
I have a video??....I wasnt aware of this..i think your mistaken..
Im running a AFM custom grind hi-rev cam...put it this way..its alot bigger then anything on those charts u posted

to change the pulley is simple, remove it with a puller, might need a smaller belt..but dont quote me on that.

Sirsureshot, On your webpage you have a tabs to rate your webpage, with one tab being Video... I want to hear what your car sounds like or whatever that video is.. If you dont have a video why is there something to rate it ??

Anyone else w/ a video/sound clip ??

331 NICE VID !!!

93cobra12 said:
Rick, what do you have ?? I dont see anything in the sig...

Well I am in the process of putting together my 25.5 chassis, NMRA Drag Radial combo, Nitrous is my addiction, looking for mid 8's.

My old 302 N2O combo, made 450RWHP and 740FTLB :eek:

215816_15_full.jpg

215816_26_full.jpg

Our "RNH Performance" other car is a 93 Cobra, pristine, and multiple show winner, had a 331 A-trim combo (picture below) but it is now in the process of some upgrades, Dart block based, AFR 185's FTI prepped, FTI custom cam, Cobra Intake (Extrude Honed), 72# low impedence inj (still deciding), PMS, YS-Vortech Renegade kit.
215816_14_full.jpg

215816_20_full.jpg

The old combo, was 331, Cobra intake, Crane 2031, stock 1.7 rockers, ported/polished stock cast Gt40 irons, A-Trim 9psi, AFM power Bypass kit, PMS, 36# inj, 83mm MAF, 75mm TB made 425/465 at the wheels, carried 300fttq from 3000rpm...all by 5600rpm.

that engine looks sweet !!

you said u guys are deciding on the low impedence 72# injectors on your 331.. Why would you make the injectors that large? IS that to support the YS-trim renegade kit? or is that so if you do decide to run more boost the fuel wont have any issues??

You think for my combo, I should upgrade my injectors if I decide to get a smaller pulley? In one of these post in this forum, some said with my heads, since there cnc ported that i will probably only get about 6lb of boost, but i have a kit that is an 8 # boost.. How come it can lower the boost output? If you port ur heads it can lower the amount of boost your supercharger puts out? why, and how? here is what the guy posted, and it confused the hell out of me... Thanks Rick !!

since the heads are ported (AFR 185) I don't think he will see 8-10lbs of boost...maybe more like 6lbs. Therefore for him to see about 8lbs of boost he will have to switch to a 12lb pulley to get the velocity he needs from the heads

93cobra12 said:
In one of these post in this forum, some said with my heads, since there cnc ported that i will probably only get about 6lb of boost, but i have a kit that is an 8 # boost.. How come it can lower the boost output? If you port ur heads it can lower the amount of boost your supercharger puts out? why, and how? here is what the guy posted, and it confused the hell out of me... Thanks Rick !!
[/i]

Let me chime in a little here. A supercharger kits boost figures (for a certain pulley) is a general figure of what kind of boost you can expect from that pulley. This is calculated generally by determining exactly how much CFM a given blower pushes with a certain pulley, and then using a general number of CFM that the average motor can consume. The boost is just the extra pressure in the intake/heads that is generated because the motor's CFM isn't as great as the CFM the blower is producing basically. So if you compare a stock 302 to a modified 331/347 (for a more extreme example), using the same blower and pulley, the 302 will be under more boost because it can't consume as much of the CFM's the blower is producing. The same idea goes for your engine setup, its not directly related to porting heads, but just increasing the overall amount of air your engine can now consume which will be greater with a set of heads especially that are ported. Hope this helps create a basic understanding. Whats good about turbo's is that as long as your within the turbo's efficiency, the turbo works off a wastegate that holds the boost at whatever boost level you desire even if you jump up to a bigger set of heads/intake or whatever. The bigger set of heads/intake put on the turbo engine will just have the turbo spin a little faster to make the same boost as before. :D Good luck, hope that helped ya out.

93cobra12: 331stroker50 is absolutely right. Think about it this way...a supercharger works on pressure...the more you open up the heads the more psi will take to fill them essentially...this is a cheesey example but take a straw and put in in your mouth and just slightly blow threw it...you will feel certin pressure comming from the straw when you blow threw it. Now take another straw so now you have two and blow the same as you did with the one straw...now the pressure is not as great as you did with one straw. Because the AFR heads are already ported it will take more psi to fill them and create enough velocity for you to get the desired psi you want from your blower. When I was considering a blower on my car...I was looking at a Vortech SC-Trim with the 5-6psi of boost but since my heads were ported I would only see about 3psi at the most...with that said I would have to switch to a bigger pulley in my case it would have had to be a 10lb pulley to get 6-8psi. Regarding the FMU...sure it works with 42# injectors, however, what an FMU essentially does it up your fuel pressure from the stock being 38-40psi to about 50+psi...Now you can avoid all that and get some 72# low impedence injectors and ditch the FMU...by doing that you will now be running at stock fuel pressure...because you have 72# injectors it does not mean the car will burn more gas...plus it is just more accurate and better for the car since now you will be gettig the proper air to fuel ratio with 72# injectors...Hope this helps a bit

sirsureshot39 said:
what kind of numbers was he making to have the 42s at 99%?
and thanks, good info

Not sure, he never dynoed it last year. I think it may have been taxing the injectors due to the rpm he was turning? Another combo a friend has is a STOCK bottom ended 302 with TFS h/c/i, 42#,no fmu, 255 hi pressure pump. Car made 508rwhp :shrug: A/F was good on the dyno, but on the street blew head gaskets :rlaugh: I think because there was more load on the motor on the street than the dyno, but just me. Good luck.
mike.

Highbredcloud said:
93cobra12: 331stroker50 is absolutely right. Think about it this way...a supercharger works on pressure...the more you open up the heads the more psi will take to fill them essentially...this is a cheesey example but take a straw and put in in your mouth and just slightly blow threw it...you will feel certin pressure comming from the straw when you blow threw it. Now take another straw so now you have two and blow the same as you did with the one straw...now the pressure is not as great as you did with one straw. Because the AFR heads are already ported it will take more psi to fill them and create enough velocity for you to get the desired psi you want from your blower. When I was considering a blower on my car...I was looking at a Vortech SC-Trim with the 5-6psi of boost but since my heads were ported I would only see about 3psi at the most...with that said I would have to switch to a bigger pulley in my case it would have had to be a 10lb pulley to get 6-8psi. Regarding the FMU...sure it works with 42# injectors, however, what an FMU essentially does it up your fuel pressure from the stock being 38-40psi to about 50+psi...Now you can avoid all that and get some 72# low impedence injectors and ditch the FMU...by doing that you will now be running at stock fuel pressure...because you have 72# injectors it does not mean the car will burn more gas...plus it is just more accurate and better for the car since now you will be gettig the proper air to fuel ratio with 72# injectors...Hope this helps a bit

That makes total sense. thank you.. Great example.. whats wrong with allowing my FMU take my fuel pressure that high? is it dangerious? I do have a kurban fuel regulator with an air/fuel gauge and an fuel pressure gauge.. Would that help at all ?

331stroker50 is correct... think of boost as a measurement of restriction. The AFR's being CNC'd do not make them ported, it is just not a cast port with casting flaws....

No, the 55# would most likely be enough for what you want, and some say stock lines can support 600HP. I would look into aftermarket rails though, help keep more fuel around the larger injectors.