500$ to spend what to get

94gtslow

Founding Member
Jan 26, 2002
Temple,Texas
I was thinking of getting my car dynotuned.

Would it be worth it?

right now i get about 200 miles to the tank, bad gas mileage, cuz of the 30# injectors I guess

should I go back to the stock 19#ers and maff. I would hate too after spend the cash on the 30#ers, and the Pro M maff.

Or should I just get the N.O.S dry kit for my car.

Opinions wanted

• Sponsors (?)

if i was you, i would get some 4.10 gears (unless its a daily driver) and some slicks on junkyard v6 rims......this should get your 60' times down a few tenths.....remember.....a tenth in the 60' time should equate to around 2 tenths in the 1/4...tehn when u get a little bit more $$ u should get some hardened axles and a better posi.....just my 2 cents tho.....there are a millions things u could do.....

heres the thing....i dont know if they make et streets for 17 in rims, but thats not the idea with slicks....you should get some 15 or 16 in junkyard rims and get regular slciks, or et streets if you want.....the idea with slicks is that the sidewall takes the hit on the launch...if u have a sidewall that is 1.5-2 inches tall, theres no rubber to cusion the launch.....so if i were u id get the smaller rim...like a 15x10 and put some 26x11.5x15 slicks on....that should make a HUGE difference at the track...hope this helps....

An E-cam is holding him back....Are you people joking....

I have seen people with Explorer motors with just e-cams and a 5 speed run low 12's and trap over 110 N/A.

You people are so stuck in your Ed-curtis bull**** it's not even funny. Maybe he should scrap that whole stupid thing and get some afr's\fti cam\ and an edelbrock intake and be done with it...That's the "right" Way. Hey...If ed curtis wrote a book I'd buy it...***s...

ChromeYellow94 said:
An E-cam is holding him back....Are you people joking....

I have seen people with Explorer motors with just e-cams and a 5 speed run low 12's and trap over 110 N/A.

You people are so stuck in your Ed-curtis bull**** it's not even funny. Maybe he should scrap that whole stupid thing and get some afr's\fti cam\ and an edelbrock intake and be done with it...That's the "right" Way. Hey...If ed curtis wrote a book I'd buy it...***s...

WOW - pent up frustration? I didn't see custom cam or EDC mentioned while skimming this thread.