66 Mustang Steering

cospanky

Aug 27, 2005
Pennsylvania
I have a 1966 Mustang with manual steering and am changing the front suspension from 6cyl to V-8. I replaced the upper and lower control arms, coil springs, sway bar, and all steering linkages from the steering box out to the spindles from 6cyl to V-8. The spindles I have are from a 66 Fairlane (C6OA) and I am having a problem with getting my tie rods short enough to get the tires straight. Are the Fairlane spindles going to work on my car or do I have to find other spindles? Thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

The C6OA Spindles will function fine, just a few Tweeks needed.

The C6OA spindle is identical to the C5DA spindle (65 66 V8) except the steering arm on the C6OA spindle is 1/2" longer.

So use the 66 Fairlane, or better yet, use the 67 Fairlane/Mustang 360RL outer.

Of course, use the 65 66 Inners.

Hopefully you are going Manual steering, as all the componets change with power Steering.

Dan @ Chockostang

chockostangclassicmustang

If the tie rod ends are bumping up against each other, you can trim a little off of both of them to give you more adjustment. One side is normal fine thread, but the other side is LEFT hand thread, so be careful when you clean up the threads. Left hand sae dies dont grow on trees.

If the tie rod ends are bumping up against each other, you can trim a little off of both of them to give you more adjustment. One side is normal fine thread, but the other side is LEFT hand thread, so be careful when you clean up the threads. Left hand sae dies dont grow on trees.

No need to do this, acquire the 360 outer, Done deal.

Dan @ Chockostang