'70 Mach 1 Sport Lamp Switch

dbdragracing

Dec 1, 2004
I have a '70 Mach 1 and I was wondering where the sport lamp switch is located? Also, which lights are the sport lamps....the ones in the grill or the ones down by the bumper? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

http://www.perogie.com/ has them but expect to pay about 125 for one. That was what I was quoted many years ago when I was looking for a replacement. I luckly found one on ebay for 25 bucks shipped last year. Not trying to rub it in but it is one of those things that you may be able to just sit on and look for a good deal.
Kevin

Btw, anyone got a pic of this switch bezel?

I say bezel, because the switch can be any switch you like.
The factory switch didn't look all that good to me anyway.
I forgot what the bezel looked like...

I'll put it (take pic of switchgear) on my To Do list next time I see mine (when I pay rent in Jan)

The sportswitch literally hangs under an overhang in the center stack, no real bezel to speak of IMO, just a hole you can only see if you look up from the footwell. It's a big chromed toggle creatively marked 'SPORTLAMPS'. You can just as easily put in a paddle switch and have it work just fine for you, that will get your lamps on for now.

Also I would guess the switchgear (the guts) are similar to those discussed in this Cougar forum here, there's also a foglamp switch at National Parts Depot, #15A214-1B, for a '67 but may have the same guts.
When searching, look for 'accessory switch,' as it seems that rear defrosters and the convertible top switch were also placed here in the same manner. Again, the knob may not be a match but it's a step.... your choice here.