70 mm TB vs 75 mm TB

Beau

Founding Member
Jan 29, 2000
San Diego
which one should i get? i am planning on putting on a supercharger in the future, so should i buy the 70mm one now and when i do put the s/c on then buy the 75mm? or just get the 75 mm now and be done with it?

• Sponsors (?)

yea its gonna be accufab for sure...the reason for my question is this: I was told today that since i am not planning on supercharging the car for maybe a year or so, i should get the 70mm TB and then when i do add the S/C i can buy the 75mm and sell the 70 mm..but will it really make that much difference if i use a 75mm now while staying naturally aspirated?

If you look at the graph that DC GT just put up you will see that he made an average of 9 rwhp and 9 rwtq through the entire rpm band. It doesn't make sense to buy a 70 now and then sell it and buy a 75 later. You will lose money on the 70, money that you can spend on something else later

[QUOTE='96&'01Stang]If you look at the graph that DC GT just put up you will see that he made an average of 9 rwhp and 9 rwtq through the entire rpm band. It doesn't make sense to buy a 70 now and then sell it and buy a 75 later. You will lose money on the 70, money that you can spend on something else later[/QUOTE]

thats exactly what i was thinking, if it won't hurt my car to have a 75mm on now, why not just get that instead of the 70?
therefore i'll get the 75mm TB in a few weeks :nice:

[QUOTE='96&'01Stang]:nice: The best price I have seen is HERE[/QUOTE]

take a wild guess who i bought my plenum from and who i'm going to buy my TB from......but strangely enough he is the guy who told me to get the 70mm now and the 75mm when i put the s/c on...

1990StangLX said:
take a wild guess who i bought my plenum from and who i'm going to buy my TB from......but strangely enough he is the guy who told me to get the 70mm now and the 75mm when i put the s/c on...
This is EXACTLY why I did it this way. Folks can now see for sure!

Bo